Subject: CfP: Estelle'98 - Int. Workshop on the FDT Estelle

From: Marine TABOURIER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:17:15 +0100 (MET)

Please accept our apologies in case you receive multiple copies.

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

                 ______     _       _ _      _ ___   ___  
                |  ____|   | |     | | |    ( ) _ \ / _ \ 
                | |__   ___| |_ ___| | | ___|/ (_) | (_) |
                |  __| / __| __/ _ \ | |/ _ \ \__, |> _ < 
                | |____\__ \ ||  __/ | |  __/   / /| (_) |
                |______|___/\__\___|_|_|\___|  /_/  \___/ 

                        International Workshop on

                    the Formal Description Technique

                                 Estelle

                             November 2, 1998

                 Institut National des Telecommunications
                              Evry, France

http://www.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/informatik/pi4/events/estelle98/

                   Estelle'98 is a satellite workshop of 

                              FORTE/PSTV'98

Estelle is a Formal Description Technique for open distributed systems,
in particular for communication protocols, and is an international
standard since 1989. By today, Estelle has been successfully applied
to specify communication standards, to serve as a basis for system
analysis and as a starting point for the automatic generation of
implementations directly from formal specifications. For these
purposes, commercial and academic tool environments are readily
available.

The Estelle'98 workshop shall be a forum for industry and academia to
present and discuss ongoing and planned activities related to Estelle,
to demonstrate tools, to share ideas and experiences, and to develop a
joint strategy for future actions. Estelle'98 will be held on November
2,
1998, the day before the start of FORTE/PSTV'98. The workshop will be
located at the Institut National des Telecommunications (INT) in Evry,
close to Paris.

Contents:
~~~~~~~
For the one-day workshop, presentations and tool demonstrations
from academia as well as from industry are invited on the following
(non-exclusive) Estelle-related list of topics:

- Estelle language enhancements, e.g.
     - Graphical syntax
     - Open Estelle
     - Real Time Estelle
     - Language support for data referencing
 
- Estelle tool development, e.g.
     - graphical editors
     - simulators
     - validation tools
     - tools for parallel implementation
     - tools for efficient implementation
 
- Estelle (real-life) applications, e.g.
     - protocols
     - standards
     - distributed systems

Workshop Organization:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Estelle'98 will be a satellite workshop of FORTE/PSTV'98, the Joint
International Conference of Formal Description Techniques and Protocol
Specification, Testing, and Verification, to be held in Paris the same
week. Its working language is English. In order to enable in-depth
discussions, the workshop proceedings will be published electronically
ahead of the event.

Evaluation and Publication of Submitted Papers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contributions will be evaluated on the basis of an extended abstract.
In order to preserve the workshop character, the submission of full
papers
is optional. The workshop proceedings will be published electronically
ahead of the workshop. Also, printed proceedings will be available at
the workshop.

Instructions to Authors:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extended abstracts (up to 3 pages) and proposals for tool demonstrations
should be submitted to:

     Dr. Stefan Fischer
     Universitaet Mannheim
     Lehrstuhl fuer Praktische Informatik IV
     D-68131 Mannheim, Germany
     Tel: (+49) 621/292-1407
     Fax: (+49) 621/292-5745
     Email: [email-masked]

Electronic submission in postscript is preferred. Alternatively, also
the submission of 4 copies of your manuscript is possible. It should
include the name and postal, fax and e-mail addresses of the contact
person. Notification of acceptance will be done via e-mail.

Further information:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please contact Dr. Stefan Fischer, Tel: (+49) 621/292-1407,
Fax: (+49) 621/292-5745, Email: [email-masked]

Important Dates:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
May 31, 1998        Submission deadline
June 30, 1998       Notification of acceptance
September 1, 1998   Final version for electronic proceedings due
September 1, 1998   Proposals for tool demonstrations due 
October 15, 1998    Electronic proceedings available 

Workshop Organization Chair:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jean-Luc Raffy (Institut National des Telecommunications (INT), France)
=======================================================================
[email-masked] is an unmoderated mailing list for topics related to
Estelle (IS 9074), a Formal Description Technique for distributed
systems.  Mail sent to "[email-masked]" reaches all subscribers to
the list.  To subscribe or unsubscribe, mail a message with just that
word as its body to "[email-masked]".  For archives or
more information, mail a message with just the word "help" to
"[email-masked]".

Workshop Co-Chairs:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stanislaw Budkowski (Institut National des Telecommunications (INT),
France)
Stefan Fischer (University of Mannheim, Germany)
Reinhard Gotzhein (University of Kaiserslautern, Germany)

Program Committee:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Amer (University of Delaware, USA)
Eugen Borcoci (University of Bucharest, Romania)
Jan Bredereke (McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada)
Jean-Pierre Courtiat (LAAS-CNRS, France)
Piotr Dembinski (IPIPAN, Poland)
Roland Groz (CNET, France)
Richard Tenney (University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA)

Workshop Organization Chair:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jean-Luc Raffy (Institut National des Telecommunications (INT), France)
=======================================================================
[email-masked] is an unmoderated mailing list for topics related to
Estelle (IS 9074), a Formal Description Technique for distributed
systems.  Mail sent to "[email-masked]" reaches all subscribers to
the list.  To subscribe or unsubscribe, mail a message with just that
word as its body to "[email-masked]".  For archives or
more information, mail a message with just the word "help" to
"[email-masked]".