Subject: CFP - Special session in FORTE/PSTV'98

From: Marine TABOURIER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:15:54 +0100 (MET)

CALL FOR PAPERS

            (http://www.res.enst.fr/~najm/FORTE_PSTV98/ECASP.html)

                            A special session on
                   *EDUCATIONAL CASE STUDIES IN PROTOCOLS*
                              is to be held at

                                FORTE/PSTV'98
                 FORMAL DESCRIPTION TECHNIQUES (FORTE XI) -
       PROTOCOL SPECIFICATION, TESTING, AND VERIFICATION (PSTV XVIII)
                          PARIS, 3-6 November 1998
                 http://alix.int-evry.fr/~stan/FORTE_PSTV98/

The special session will be devoted to presenting educational case studies
on protocols and distributed systems. The case studies may include various
tutorial aspects such as animation, formal specification, debugging and
automated verification.

In the past few years a large number of tool supported case studies have
been developed in an educational context (e.g. as a University course, or
industrial training package) and the aim of this session is to report on the
experience that has been capitalized in this important domain.

During this special session, authors may include in their presentations an
on-line, notebook based, demonstration of the case study. The chosen case
studies may be also demonstrated during the conference. The session will
take place either in the first tutorial day or during the conference itself.

We invite contributors to present a description of their case study
including,  for example:

   * the objectives
   * the chosen protocol or distributed application
   * the chosen formal technique and tool
     the educational scenario: the different steps involved and the work to
     be performed by the students.

Important Dates:

 * now -- It is recommended to send an intention to contribute
 * 15 May, 1998 -- Submission deadline for papers
 * 15 June, 1998 -- Notification of acceptance
 * July 10, 1998 -- Final Postscript version for Proceedings due

Session Co-Chairs:

John DERRICK    UKC - UK       ([email-masked])
Elie NAJM       ENST - France  ([email-masked])

Submission policy:  Full papers or Extended abstracts should be up to 
16 pages, 12 point, single spaced, including an informative abstract as well 
as names and affiliations of all authors. Authors should indicate a contact 
author (including postal and E-mail address).

Authors are strongly encouraged to use A4 size papers and to make sure that
their submissions are easy to print on a variety of postscript printers
(e.g. by using standard fonts). Authors are encouraged to submit their
papers electronically. Submissions should be made to the following address:

                            [email-masked]

in two separate e-mails:

   * an e-mail with your paper in postscript format (uuencoded and
     compressed with 'compress' or 'gzip');
   * an e-mail in plain text (ASCII) with the title of your paper, the name
     of the authors and their institutions, a list of keywords, an abstract
     of your paper and the name and postal, fax and e-mail addresses of the
     contact person.