Subject: SPAM filtering turned on

From: David Borman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 16:04:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

The [email-masked] mailing list (and all mail destined
for bsdi.com) goes through a BSDI MailFilter box.  (See:
        http://www.bsdi.com/white-papers/war-on-spam
        http://www.BSDI.COM/products/BMF/
for more details.)  As mail passes through the MailFilter box, it
gets a score on the probablility that it is SPAM.  Non-zero scores
cause a "X-UBE-Index: score/thresh" line to be inserted in the message
header, with the "thresh" being the threshhold at which the mail
will be rejected.  Up until now all messages for [email-masked]
have gone through, just being marked if the are suspected SPAM.

I've now had rejection turned on.  I don't expect this to cause
any legitimate messages to be rejected, but we're dealing with
computers and programmers, so anything is possible.  In looking
over the archive, nothing legitimate has been scored as spam at
a level that would have rejected it.

If SPAM gets through, I can always lower the threshhold.

Questions or comments to me.
                        -David Borman, [email-masked]