Subject: Reminder: FORTE/PSTV'98 call for papers

From: Marine TABOURIER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:13:15 +0100 (MET)

[Apologies for any duplicates]

Due to numerous requests, the FORTE/PSTV'98 Program Committee has decided to
extend the deadline for paper submissions till 30st March 1998.

If you have submitted a paper, you should have received an acknowledgement
which includes a ticket number of the form "FORTE/PSTV'98-XXX", where XXX is
a 3 digit number. You should quote this number in all future correspondence.

If you have NOT received an acknowledgement, it probably means that your
paper submission did not include a valid email address, that your electronic
submission was corrupted or that your e-mail was lost (very unlikely but
still possible).

Please contact us at

     [email-masked]

to resolve such issues.

Please find below un updated Second Call for Papers.

                                             Thank you for your attention

                                             FORTE/PSTV'98 Program Committee

==========================================================================

                           Second Call for Papers

             1998 IFIP TC6/WG6.1 Joint International Conference

                               FORTE/PSTV'98

                    FORMAL DESCRIPTION TECHNIQUES (FORTE XI)
                                        &
         PROTOCOL SPECIFICATION, TESTING, AND VERIFICATION (PSTV XVIII)

                          PARIS, 3-6 November 1998

General WWW page: http://www.res.enst.fr/~najm/FORTE_PSTV98/

Program Committee WWW page:
http://www-lor.int-evry.fr/~stan/FORTE_PSTV98/

Satellite & Associated events:
      SPIN 98 Workshop - Paris, 2 November 1998 
      Estelle 98 Workshop - Evry, 2 November 1998 
      EDUCATIONAL CASE STUDIES ON PROTOCOLS - A special session at the
                                    conference, November 3 - 6, 1998  

The two separate conferences FORTE and PSTV have been combined, since 1996,
into a joint edition FORTE/PSTV. FORTE/PSTV'98 will address Formal
Description Techniques (FDTs) applicable to Distributed Systems and
Communication Protocols. FDTs include different approaches, based on Process
Algebras (CCS, pi-calculus, LOTOS, stochastic, etc.), Extended Automata,
(SDL, Estelle, timed automata, statecharts, reactive, etc.), Set Theory (B,
Z, VDM, etc.), Logics (temporal, TLA, etc.), ADTs (OBJ, Larch, etc.) and
other standard notations (MSCs, ASN.1, TTCN, etc.). FORTE/PSTV will consider
the entire development cycle of communication protocols, distributed systems
and applications (specification, verification, testing, performance
analysis, and implementation). The conference will be a forum for
presentation of the state of the art in theory, application, tools and
industrialization of FDTs, and will provide an excellent orientation for
newcomers. Research papers and industrial usage reports as well as proposals
for tutorials (advanced technology seminars), poster displays and tool
demonstrations are solicited, particularly in the following areas:

FDT applications to the development cycle of network protocols and
distributed systems engineering:

   * Requirements capture, specification and verification/validation
   * Simulation, implementation, debugging and tuning
   * Testing, test selection, test generation and test coverage
   * Performance analysis and modelling
   * Quality of Service modelling and verification
   * Real time and probability modelling and verification
   * Integration of FDTs and development methodologies
   * Case studies

FDT applications in the areas of:

   * Multicast and multimedia protocols
   * Distributed platforms and middleware protocols
   * Internet protocols
   * High speed protocols
   * Mobile communication
   * Network security protocols
   * Medium access control protocols, local loop protocols
   * Factory communication protocols
   * Field Bus protocols
   * Case studies

FDT applications to telecommunication services and distributed applications:

   * Architectures for telecommunication services (Intelligent Network
     architecture, TINA, object based architectures, CORBA, COM-DCOM,
     ActiveX, internet,...)
   * Service creation, service composition, service and feature interaction
   * Reusable components architectures
   * Workflow and Groupware
   * Case studies

Development of Formal Description Techniques, methods and tools:

   * Semantic foundations
   * Formal support to object modelling
   * Extensions of FDTs
   * Real-time and probability aspects
   * Consistency and refinement relations
   * Practical algorithms and tool support
   * Case studies

Industrial and business focus:

   * Corporate strategic and financial consequences of FDT use
   * Corporate experiences in FDT based developments
   * Tools and training cases for protocols teaching
   * Case studies

Important dates (modified):

   * March 30, 1998 -- Submission deadline
   * June 8, 1998 -- Notification of acceptance
   * July 6, 1998 -- Camera-ready copy for final proceedings due

General Chair:

     Elie NAJM - ENST - [email-masked]

Program Committee Co-Chairs:

     Stanislaw BUDKOWSKI - INT - [email-masked]
     Ana CAVALLI - INT - [email-masked]

Local Arrangment Chair:

     Sylvie Vignes - ENST - Sylvie.Vignes @Email.ENST.fr

Submission policy:

Full original research papers and industrial usage reports should be up to
16 pages, 12 point, single spaced, including an informative abstract as well
as names and affiliations of all authors, and a list of keywords
facilitating the assignment of papers to referees. For industrial usage
reports, short papers up to 8 pages are also welcome. Authors should
indicate a contact author (including postal and E-mail address) and the
preferred category (research paper or industrial usage report) in which the
paper should be considered. Authors are strongly encouraged to use A4 size
papers and to make sure that their submissions are easy to print on a
variety of postscript printers (e.g. by using standard fonts). Authors are
required not to submit papers that have been submited to another conference
or a journal.

Authors are encouraged to submit their full original research papers and
industrial usage reports electronically. Submissions should be made to the
following address:

                         [email-masked]

in two separate e-mails:

   * an e-mail with your paper in postscript format (uuencoded and
     compressed with 'compress' or 'gzip');
   * an e-mail in plain text (ASCII) with the title of your paper, the name
     of the authors and their institutions, a list of keywords, an abstract
     of your paper and the name and postal, fax and e-mail addresses of the
     contact person.

Late submissions or papers which are too long or require substantial
revision will not be considered.

Authors unable to submit electronically are invited to send 5 copies of a
paper (report) to:

     Stanislaw BUDKOWSKI , Ana CAVALLI
     Institut National des Telecommunications (INT)
     Software-Networks Department
     9, rue Charles Fourier, 91011 Evry Cedex, FRANCE
     Phone : +33 (0)1 60 76 47 20
     Fax : +33 (0)1 60 76 47 11
     Email:[email-masked], [email-masked]

Please consult Program Committee WWW page to access current information:

               http://www-lor.int-evry.fr/~stan/FORTE_PSTV98/

For tutorials and tool demonstrations authors are invited to send their
proposals (electronically, if possible), before 15th April, to the following
address:

     Elie NAJM
     Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications (ENST)
     46, Rue Barrault, 75013 - Paris, FRANCE
     Phone : +33 (0)1 45 81 77 09
     Fax : +33 (0)1 45 89 16 64
     Email : [email-masked]

======================================================================
Program Committee:

P. Amer (Univ. of Delaware, USA), J.W Atwood (Concordia Univ., Canada), G.
v. Bochmann (Univ. of Ottawa, Canada), T. Bolognesi (IEI, Italy), H. Bowman
(Univ. of Kent at Canterbury, UK), E. Brinksma (Univ. of Twente,
Netherlands), R. Castanet (Univ. of Bordeaux, France), O. Catrina (Univ. of
Bucharest,Romania), S. T. Chanson (Univ. of Sci. and Tech., Hong Kong),
J.-P. Courtiat (LAAS-CNRS, France), P. Dembinski (IPIPAN, Poland), M. Diaz
(LAAS, France), R. Dssouli (Univ. of Montreal, Canada), S. Fischer (Univ. of
Mannheim, Germany), R. Gorrieri (Univ. of Bologna, Italy), R. Gotzhein
(Univ. of Kaiserslautern, Germany), R. Groz (CNET, France), T. Higashino (
Osaka Univ. Japan), D. Hogrefe (Univ. of Luebeck, Germany), S. P. Iyer
(North Carolina State Univ.), M. C. Kim (IC Univ., Korea), P. Kritzinger
(Univ. of Cape Town, South Africa), R. Lai (La Trobe Univ. Australia), G.
Leduc (Univ. of Liege, Belgium), D. Lee (Bell Lab., USA), S. Leue (Univ. of
Waterloo, Canada), L. Logrippo (Univ. of Ottawa, Canada), O. Rafiq (Univ. of
Pau, France), T. Mizuno (Shizuoka Univ., Japan), A. Petrenko (CRIM, Canada),
J. Quemada (ETSI Telecom., Spain), H. Rudin (IBM, Switzerland), A. Shaff
(LORIA, France), D. Sidhu (Univ. of Maryland-BC, USA), N. Shiratori (Tohuku
Univ., Japan), J.B. Stefani(CNET, France), K. Suzuki (KDD, Japan), K. Tarnay
(Univ. of Budapest, Hungary), R. Tenney (Univ. of Massachusetts, Boston,
USA), A. Togashi (Shizuoka Univ., Japan), K. Turner (Univ. of Stirling, UK),
S. T. Vuong (Univ. of British Columbia, Canada), N. Yevtuchenko (Tomsk
Univ., Russia), J. Wu (Tsinghua Univ., China)