Subject: Second Call for Participation for ECDL98

From: "Stavros A. Papadakis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 13:10:15 +0300 (EET DST)

_____________________________________________________________________________

                          Call for Participation

    Second European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for
                            Digital Libraries

         European   European           ICS-FORTH    University of
         Union      Research                        Crete
                    Consortium for    
                    Informatics and
                    Mathematics

    - IEEE Computer Society            - Lambrakis Research Foundation
    - OTE                              - FORTHnet
    - INTRACOM                         - CaberNet
    - Air Greece                       - Ergodata
    - Swets & Zeitlinger B.V.

                       19 - 23 September, 1998
                        Knossos Royal Village,
                       Heraklion, Crete, Greece

      Web Page: http://www.csi.forth.gr/2EuroDL
      E-mail: [email-masked]

_____________________________________________________________________________

    We  cordially   invite you  to  join us    at the  Second European
    Conference  on   Research  and   Advanced  Technology  for Digital
    Libraries, to  be   held at  Heraklion, Crete,  Greece,  September
    19-23. 

    The  conference  opening session  will  take place  at 9.00a.m. on
    Monday the 21th of September 1998  and the final session will take
    place on Wednesday   afternoon,  the 23rd of  September  1998. The
    technical  talks  are  complemented  by internationally   renowned
    experts'   invited   presentations and   special  sessions,  panel
    discussions, as well as poster and demonstration sessions. 

    The 7th DELOS Workshop on Electronic Commerce will be held jointly
    with the  Second  European  Conference on  Research  and  Advanced
    Technology. Tutorials will be organized  on the 19th  and  20th of
    September 1998. 

    Please note that early registration deadline is July 31, 1998.  A
    limited number of fellowships   for  the Conference and  also  for
    Tutorials     are  available.  For    more  information, including
    registration and fellowship  application forms, please consult the
    appropriate sections of our conference web pages,
          http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/registration.html and
            http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/fellowships.html 

    Details  concerning the Conference Programme can   be found at the
    conference web page,  under  the 'Conference  Programme'  section,
             http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/programme.html 

    For specific information  please consult the  appropriate sections
    of the conference web pages:
   Paper Sessions - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/accpapers.html
   Panel Sessions - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/panels.html
          Posters - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/posters.html
            Demos - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/demos.html
        Tutorials - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/tutorials.html
 Invited Speakers - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/speakers.html
 Special Sessions - http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/highlights/sessions.html
 7th DELOS Workshop on Electronic Commerce -
                    http://www.ics.forth.gr/2EuroDL/Delos-7.html