Subject: [16ng] Fwd: Update to Internet-Draft and RFC Boilerplate

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:37:31 +0000 (GMT)

FYI, 

Keeping the right form is a good activity in the Standard.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory. SAMSUNG Electronics
 
 ------- Original Message -------
Sender : IETF Chair<[email-masked]>
Date   : 2006-10-27 10:19
Title  : Update to Internet-Draft and RFC Boilerplate

A small update to BCP 78 was recently approved by the IESG as
RFC 4748, to update the boilerplate (i.e., standard legal text) in 
RFCs and Internet-Drafts to recognize the IETF Trust as a rights 
holder, instead of ISOC.

The actual boilerplate changes are given below this message.

Starting as soon as reasonably possible, all authors of Internet-Drafts 
are requested to use the new boilerplate. The RFC Editor will in any case
be inserting it in all RFCs issued from 2006-11-01. (The rights held by 
ISOC in older RFCs will be administratively transferred to the IETF
Trust.)

The public ID Nits checker already accepts I-Ds with old or new
boilerplate.
The Secretariat has started accepting I-Ds with old or new boilerplate

XML2RFC version 1.32 will generate the new boilerplate.
Users of I-D templates are requested to update them appropriately.

http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html and
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html are being updated.

Starting December, the public ID Nits checker will issue warnings for 
old boilerplate.

Starting February 2007, the Secretariat will refuse 
the old boilerplate in Internet-Drafts.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this change cannot
be avoided.

    IETF Chair
    IETF Secretariat
    TOOLS Team

--------

Copyright Notice (required for all IETF Documents)

   (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document.)

NOTE: by convention, the first line of the copyright statement
is usually placed near the beginning of each document. This must
also be updated.

OLD
      "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).

      This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
      contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
      retain all their rights.

NEW
      "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (year).

      This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
      contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
      retain all their rights.

Disclaimer (required in all IETF Documents)

   (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document after the copyright
   notice.)

OLD
      "This document and the information contained herein are provided
      on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
      REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND
      THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES,
      EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT
      THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR
      ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
      PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

NEW
      "This document and the information contained herein are provided
      on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
      REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE 
      IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
      WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
      WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
      ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
      FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Exceptions

      In MIB modules, PIB modules and similar material commonly
      extracted from IETF Documents, except for material that is being
      placed under IANA maintenance, the following abbreviated notice
      shall be included in the body of the material that will be
      extracted in lieu of the notices otherwise required by Section 5:

OLD
         "Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>.  This version of
         this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for
         full legal notices."

NEW
         "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>.  This version of
         this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for
         full legal notices."

      When the MIB or PIB module is the initial version of a module that
      is to be maintained by the IANA, the following abbreviated notice
      shall be included:

OLD
         "Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>.  The initial
         version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full
         legal notices see the RFC itself.  Supplementary information
         may be available at:
         http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html."

NEW
         "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>.  The initial
         version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full
         legal notices see the RFC itself.  Supplementary information
         may be available at:
         http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
16ng mailing list
[email-masked]
http://eeca16.sogang.ac.kr/mailman/listinfo/16ng