Subject: [16ng] RE: draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-01.txt

From: "Riegel, Maximilian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:07:44 +0200

Hi Behcet,

I do not see the issue with running Relay DAD over the air. Probably
this was related to trying to emulate a shared link model on base of
IP-CS.
With ETH-CS it should be fine regardless whether it is stationary or
mobile.

Bye
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Behcet Sarikaya [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:18 PM
To: Riegel, Maximilian; [email-masked]
Subject: draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-01.txt

Hi Max,
  In Sec. 7.4 you say that SeND is adopted. SeND requires Relay DAD and 
in Sec. 7.5 you have that too. So far so good.
  However, Relay DAD has problems if applied over the air and we 
discussed these problems in the context of draft-madanapalli (his draft 
on the shared prefix model). If your draft applies only to the fixed 
nodes or SSs that are connected via an Ethernet port, I think there is 
no problem.
  Can you please confirm this?

Regards,

Behcet

_______________________________________________
16ng mailing list
[email-masked]
http://eeca16.sogang.ac.kr/mailman/listinfo/16ng

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:17:56 -0500

Hi Max,

Regards,

Behcet