Subject: [16NG] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-10

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:01:46 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-10.txt has been successfuly submitted by Basavaraj Patil and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs
Revision:	 10
Title:		 Transmission of IPv6 via the IPv6 CS over IEEE 802.16 Networks
Creation_date:	 2007-11-12
WG ID:		 16ng
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
IEEE Std 802.16 is an air interface specification for fxed and mobile
Broadband Wireless Access Systems.  Service specific convergence
sublayers to which upper layer protocols interface are a part of the
IEEE 802.16 MAC (Medium Access Control).  The Packet convergence
sublayer is used for the transport of all packet-based protocols such
as Internet Protocol (IP) and, IEEE 802.3 LAN/MAN CSMA/CD Access
Method (Ethernet).  IPv6 packets can be sent and received via the IP
specific part of the packet convergence sublayer.  This document
specifies the addressing and operation of IPv6 over the IP specific
part of the packet CS for hosts served by a network that utilizes the
IEEE Std 802.16 air interface.  It recommends the assignment of a
unique prefix (or prefixes) to each host and allows the host to use
multiple identifiers within that prefix, including support for
randomly generated interface identifiers.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng