Subject: [16NG] RFC 5121 on Transmission of IPv6 via the IPv6 Convergence Sublayer over IEEE 802.16 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:59:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5121

        Title:      Transmission of IPv6 via the 
                    IPv6 Convergence Sublayer over IEEE 802.16 
                    Networks 
        Author:     B. Patil, F. Xia,
                    B. Sarikaya, JH. Choi,
                    S. Madanapalli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50092
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5121.txt

IEEE Std 802.16 is an air interface specification for fixed and
mobile Broadband Wireless Access Systems.  Service-specific
convergence sublayers to which upper-layer protocols interface are a
part of the IEEE 802.16 MAC (Medium Access Control).  The Packet
convergence sublayer (CS) is used for the transport of all packet-
based protocols such as Internet Protocol (IP) and IEEE 802.3 LAN/MAN
CSMA/CD Access Method (Ethernet).  IPv6 packets can be sent and
received via the IP-specific part of the Packet CS.  This document
specifies the addressing and operation of IPv6 over the IP-specific
part of the Packet CS for hosts served by a network that utilizes the
IEEE Std 802.16 air interface.  It recommends the assignment of a
unique prefix (or prefixes) to each host and allows the host to use
multiple identifiers within that prefix, including support for
randomly generated interface identifiers.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng