Subject: [6lowpan] Feedback on 6LoWPAN tutorial

From: "David Culler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:24:16 -0700

I would like to get feedback/corrections on a 6LoWPAN tutorial that I've put
together with Jonathan Hui.  The pdf is at
http://www.archrock.com/downloads/resources/6LoWPAN-tutorial.pdf.

Thanks in advance.
_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "Dave Green" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:37:03 -0400

Dave: 

Regarding this statement in your 6LowPAN tutorial: The most highly
sensitive networks use IP internally, but are completely disconnected
from all other computers.

Best practice recommendation from Command Information to ensure your
sensitive system is both physically and logically disconnected from
other computers: 

*Physical separation from outside networks is not a perfect security
model as occasional accidental and malicious security breaches can
happen when someone 'plugs in the wrong wire'

* We also recommend a 'policy-based' model to give you logical
separation from the 'I'nternet: 

-Utilize encryption between all nodes of your systems and IPsec from any
gateway to outside application controllers.

-Address your network with RFC 4193 Unique Local Addresses (ULAs)

-Firewall any gateways to outside, and do actual penetration testing to
ensure your gateway has no openings

We recommend this for people doing building control, security, & process
automation with BACNetIP and 6LowPAN type technologies. 

David Green

VP of Research and Development | Command Information
<http://www.commandinformation.com/> 

13655 Dulles Technology Drive, Herndon, VA 20171

Office: 703.561.5937 | Mobile: +1-703-899-9663

2610:00F8::/32 <http://www.commandinformation.com/labs/index.php> 

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

From: David Culler [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [6lowpan] Feedback on 6LoWPAN tutorial

I would like to get feedback/corrections on a 6LoWPAN tutorial that I've
put together with Jonathan Hui.  The pdf is at
http://www.archrock.com/downloads/resources/6LoWPAN-tutorial.pdf .  

Thanks in advance.