Subject: [6lowpan] "Zigbee Alliance Aiming at IPv6 Support"

From: Adam Dunkels <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 11:37:29 +0100

Don't know if you've already seen these news, but I thought it might be
interesting to people here:

"ZIGBEE ALLIANCE CONTINUES EXPANDING THE INTERNET OF THINGS, Alliance
Forming New Group Chartered To Expand Existing ZigBee IP Capabilities":
http://www.zigbee.org/imwp/idms/popups/pop_download.asp?ContentID=12725

"This new initiative will make it easier for developers
and system integrators to deploy ZigBee and to add additional features
and functions, including IPv6
support."

"ZigBee Alliance charters new group to explore Internet solutions":
http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/206901000?cid=RSSfeed_wirelessnetdesignline_wndlRSS

"Zigbee Alliance Aiming at IPv6 Support":
http://freaklabs.org/index.php/Zigbee/zigbee-alliance-aiming-at-IP6-support.html

Sounds like a direct answer to 6lowpan.

/adam
-- 
Adam Dunkels <[email-masked]>
http://www.sics.se/~adam/

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:54:54 +0200

Hi Adam,

This is funny actually. In a recent conference keynote I gave (EWSN 
2008) I predicted that ZigBee will give up its proprietary framing and 
switch to RFC4944 by 2010. Seems they reacted? Anyways, this is the same 
old ZigBee philosophy "we can gateway anything" and who cares if its an 
ugly proxy cludge that needs to be updated for each new application... 
and we know how slow it takes to get a new profile...

Someone should comment on that blog at least, the guy seems a bit 
confused about how 6lowpan works (double-back-flip to fit IPv6 in 
802.15.4?). Maybe David should answer as the blogger wanted to know what 
Arch Rock thought of it ;-)

- Zach

-- 
Zach Shelby | CTO | +358 40 7796297
Sensinode Ltd.   www.sensinode.com
_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan