Subject: [6lowpan] #5: Removal of E flag in RA message

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:43:31 -0000

#5: Removal of E flag in RA message
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:  00                
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Suggested change to the RA message, which allows for the E flag to be
 removed. Instead of the E flag, instead use the Pref bits defined in
 RFC4191. The assignment would be:

 High = Edge Router
 Normal = Router
 Low = Router (battery powered e.g.)

 Change suggested by Carsten and Zach, discussed in IETF-73 WG meeting and
 on the list.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/5>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan