Subject: [6lowpan] #10: Proxying incorrectly referenced RFC4389

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:06:25 -0000

#10: Proxying incorrectly referenced RFC4389
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:     
Component:  nd                  |     Version:  00 
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 In the -00 document it is currently stated that

 "ND Proxy is specified in [RFC4389], and allows for two segments to be
 merged into a single IPv6 link.  This documents explains the application
 of ND Proxy for use with Extended LoWPAN networks with multiple ERs on a
 backbone link."

 It was pointed out by Erik Nordmark, that although this document uses a
 couple small features/concepts from RFC4389, in fact it is not really
 using RFC4389 for the basic DAD and NS/NA operations on the backbone.
 Instead they could simply be called whiteboard proxy operations on the
 backbone. The application of RFC4389 involves proxying all ND messages
 from one segment to the other, which we don't want to do in this document
 among other things.

 The recommendation is that RFC4389 should only be referenced as having
 done similar things with ND proxying. Instead the proxy features described
 (DAD on the backbone, defending addresses, answering NS on behalf) should
 be defined as being specific to this document and not being RFC4389.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/10>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:55:14 -0000

#10: Proxying incorrectly referenced RFC4389
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:  00                
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:                    
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * owner:  => [email-masked]

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>