Subject: [6lowpan] #7: Fault tolerance for duplicate host interface identifiers

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:50:30 -0000

#7: Fault tolerance for duplicate host interface identifiers
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:  00                
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Problem was identified regarding duplicate EUI-64s used for the Host
 Interface Identifier, which is currently assumed to be unique.

 How does the system detect and recover if a duplicate EUI-64, and thus MAC
 address, is detected? Some mechanism is needed first to detect it, e.g. a
 nonce on boot, be included with the HII. The system should recover
 gracefully, how to get a correct MAC address?

 Identified by Casten, and discussed in the IETF-73 WG meeting.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/7>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:57:56 -0000

#7: Fault tolerance for duplicate host interface identifiers
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:  00                
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:                    
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>