Subject: [6lowpan] #8: How to know if whiteboard is not supported?

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:56:41 -0000

#8: How to know if whiteboard is not supported?
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:  00                
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 A defect was pointed out at the IETF-73 WG meeting (who?) regarding
 optional support of the whiteboard in routers. What if a router does not
 support the whiteboard model (thus RR/RC messages) described in this
 document?

 First, it would need to be clarified in the document, that the whiteboard
 is not a required feature. The network can operate without it, although
 only on optimistic addresses.

 The E flag (ticket to have that removed) would not have solved the
 problem. Possible suggestions include the definition of an ICMPv6 error
 message which should be sent in response to an RR if the whiteboard is not
 supported or not available.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/8>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan