Subject: [6lowpan] #12: Section 8.4 - Fault Tolerance

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:02:35 -0000

#12: Section 8.4 - Fault Tolerance
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:  00                
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 This section needs to completed with a discussion of fault tolerance in
 ND. There are 2 subjects to be addressed here:

 1. Fault tolerance by using secondary registrations with ERs. How is this
 achieved (not setting the P flag in the RR), and how does it help fault
 tolerance in case of failure.

 2. Fault tolerance against duplicate EUI-64s, e.g., duplicate Owner
 Interface Identifiers. How is this detected, and how do the hosts involved
 and the ERs involved recover gracefully from this situation.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/12>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan