Subject: [6lowpan] #13: Section 9 - Ad-hoc operation

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:05:51 -0000

#13: Section 9 - Ad-hoc operation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |      Status:  new                   
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                        
Component:  nd                  |     Version:  00                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                        
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 This new section needs to address how ND for 6lowpan can be applied in ad-
 hoc lowpans, e.g., a lowpan without any connection to another IP network
 and without necessarily having a designated ER. Questions to be answered
 here include:

 1. How does ND work if a node or nodes can be assigned to act as ERs
 (perform the whiteboard task).

 2. How does ND work if there is no whiteboard.

 3. What default prefix should be advertised across the lowpan by routers,
 in case no information is available. Should a new ad-hoc network prefix be
 defined for this purpose?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/13>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan