Subject: [6lowpan] draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-01 posted

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:25:22 -0600

Hi,

A new version of the ND for 6LoWPAN draft, -01, has now been posted, for 
discussion during tomorrow's meeting.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-01.txt

The document update takes into account the comments received so far and 
work by the authors on simplifying and clarifying the draft.

This version includes the following changes:
- Simplification of the RR/RC message
   - Now includes just Address Options
   - Single lifetime for the registration
- Address option now includes a Removal 'R' flag
- Address assignment clarified to be stateless
- General editing improvements
- New sections on Ad-hoc LoWPAN Operation and Message Examples, 
placeholders for now

- Zach

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-01
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:15:33 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-01.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Zach Shelby and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Neighbor Discovery for 6LoWPAN
Creation_date:	 2008-11-17
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 37

Abstract:
This document specifies Neighbor Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over very low-power, low-
bandwidth wireless networks often making use of extended multihop
topologies.  However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
over 6LoWPAN networks has several problems.  Standard Neighbor
Discovery was not designed for wireless links, the standard IPv6 link
concept and heavy use of multicast makes it inefficient.  This
document spefies a new mechanism allowing efficient Duplicate Address
Detection over entire 6LoWPAN networks.  In addition it specifies
prefix and context dissemination for use with router advertisements,
allows for stateless address assignment, and the use of Neighbor
Discovery Proxy.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 

Zach Shelby
Head of Research
Sensinode Ltd.
Kidekuja 2
88610 Vuokatti
FINLAND

mobile: +358 40 7796297

This e-mail and all attached material are confidential and may contain 
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, 
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system without 
producing, distributing or retaining copies thereof.
_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan