Subject: [6lowpan] Issue Tracker is active

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:45:31 -0600

Lowpanners,

as you may have noticed from the strange messages, the issue tracker  
for the 6lowpan WG documents is now active.  The idea is that this  
will provide a nice and comprehensive list of open issues for the WG  
documents, and a way to focus discussion threads on specific issues  
with a clear path to resolving them.

In the next couple of days, I'll try to capture discussion items from  
the WG meeting into the tracker.
Of course, all of you are free to add issues yourself (or to send me  
mail to add issues).
The rule is that if you don't like something about one of our WG  
documents, there should be an issue for that in the tracker.

The issue tracker is an instance of the well-known "Trac" system.   
Trac calls issues "tickets", as the roots of that system are in  
software bug tracking.  This also means some of Trac's terminology can  
be a bit strange for our purposes, but I believe it is much better to  
use the current IETF Tools instance than to invent something new for  
our WG.

You can access the issue list at:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/report/1

Note that you can click the headings of the table to sort the list by  
specific columns.

To get write access to the tracker site:

http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

Please look at the existing tickets for an idea how to fill in the  
data fields for new tickets (we don't have clear guidelines yet, but  
should try to achieve some commonality).  Please try to make the  
tickets actionable or at least clearly self-describing ("section 3.5  
is gibberish" does not help).

General 6lowpan tools page:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan