Subject: Re: [6lowpan] #31: 011 11111 is in conflict with ESC; IANA actions

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:43:06 -0000

#31: 011 11111 is in conflict with ESC; IANA actions
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]        |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  new              
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                   
Component:  hc                  |      Version:                   
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:                   
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 Text proposal:

 {{{
 4.  IANA Considerations

    This document defines a new IPv6 header compression format for
    6LoWPAN networks.  The document allocates the following 32 Dispatch
    type field values for LOWPAN_IPHC:

      01 100000
       through
      01 111111

    This assignment preempts the assignment of 01 111111 for ESC [RFC
    4944], which is possible as no extension bytes have been allocated
    yet that would enable the use of ESC.  Instead, the value

      01 000000

    is reserved as a replacement value for ESC, to be finally assigned
    with the first assignment of extension bytes.
 }}}

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/31#comment:3>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>