Subject: [6lowpan] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-05]

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:05:31 +0200

Hi,

Version 05 of draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd is now available. We have closed all 
the open tickets for the draft.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-05.txt

    Changes from -04 to -05:

       o Meaning of the RA's M-bit changed to original [RFC4861] meaning
       (#46).

       o Terms "local" and "non-local" used in place of "on-link" and
       "off-link".

       o Next-hop determination text simplified (#49).

       o Neighbor cache and destination cache removed.

       o IID to link-layer address requirement relaxed.

       o NR/NC changes to enable local refresh with routers (#48).

       o Modified 6LoWPAN Information Option (#47).

       o Added a Protocol Constants section (#24)

       o Added the NR processing table (#51)

       o Considered the use of SeND on backbone NS/NA messages (#50)

- Zach

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-05
Date: Wed,  2 Sep 2009 07:01:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-05.txt has been successfuly 
submitted by Zach Shelby and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd
Revision:	 05
Title:		 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery
Creation_date:	 2009-09-02
WG ID:		 6lowpan
Number_of_pages: 60

Abstract:
This document specifies Neighbor Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over energy and bandwidth
constrained wireless networks often making use of multihop
topologies.  However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
with 6LoWPAN has several problems.  Standard Neighbor Discovery was
not designed for non-transitive wireless links, and the standard IPv6
link concept and heavy use of multicast makes it unpractical.  This
document specifies a new ND mechanism allowing for the efficient
detection of duplicate addresses over entire LoWPANs, which also
optimizes other ND operations.  In addition, context dissemination,
claim and defend address generation, and the support of Extended
LoWPANs over Backbone Links are specified.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 
http://www.sensinode.com
http://zachshelby.org - My blog “On the Internet of Things”
Mobile: +358 40 7796297

Zach Shelby
Head of Research
Sensinode Ltd.
Kidekuja 2
88610 Vuokatti, FINLAND

This e-mail and all attached material are confidential and may contain 
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, 
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system without 
producing, distributing or retaining copies thereof.