Subject: [6lowpan] #52: Prf values don't mesh with 4191's

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:53:03 -0000

#52: Prf values don't mesh with 4191's
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]        |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:     
Component:  nd                  |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 -05 uses Prf values of 10 (highest), 01, 00.  4191 defines this field as a
 signed two's complement value, so we should be using 01 (highest), 00, 11
 (and preferably keep 10 reserved as in 4191).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/52>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:35:43 -0000

Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:     
 Keywords:                      |  

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 Currently says:

  LoWPAN Routers with no ER available
          MUST set Prf to (00) for low preference, LoWPAN Routers with ER
          availability MUST set Prf to (01) for normal preference, and
          LoWPAN Edge Routers MUST set Prf to (10) for high preference.
 [...]
 The Preference Flag of the RA is used to
    differentiate between ERs (Prf=10) and LoWPAN Routers (Prf=01).
    LoWPAN Routers with Prf=00 SHOULD NOT be used for registration.

 Should say:

  LoWPAN Routers with no ER available
          MUST set Prf to (11) for low preference, LoWPAN Routers with ER
          availability MUST set Prf to (00) for normal preference, and
          LoWPAN Edge Routers MUST set Prf to (01) for high preference.
 [...]
 The Preference Flag of the RA is used to
    differentiate between ERs (Prf=01) and LoWPAN Routers (Prf=00).
    LoWPAN Routers with Prf=11 SHOULD NOT be used for registration.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/52#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:00:43 -0000

#52: Prf values don't mesh with 4191's
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]        |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:        
Component:  nd                  |      Version:        
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in nd-06.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/52#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>