Subject: [6lowpan] HC-06 with SAC 1 and SAM 11

From: Daniel Gavelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:40:28 +0000

The HC-06 draft states for the case with SAC 1 and SAM 11:-

"11:  0 bits.  The address is derived using context information and 
possibly the link-layer addresses."

There are two cases where this mode is useful:-

(1) Sending to an address in a remote network, where a 128 bit context 
contains the entire address and so the link-layer address is not used.

(2) Sending to an address within the LowPAN using a global address 
prefix.  Here, the context is 64 bits of global address prefix and the 
link-layer address is used.

The draft could be clarified by changing the above sentence to " The 
address is derived using context information.  If the context length is 
less than 128, the lower 64 bits are computed form the link-layer 
address as defined in [RFC4944]."

Daniel.

-- 
__________________________________________________
Daniel Gavelle, Software Engineer
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371  Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com
__________________________________________________