Subject: [6lowpan] #68: SLLA Option in RS and NS messages

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 12:33:07 -0000

#68: SLLA Option in RS and NS messages
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:     
Component:  format              |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Tetsuya and Joseph brought up an issue on the list to clarify the
 inclusion of the SLLA Option in RS and NS messages and the point at which
 a Neighbor Cache entry is made. The following clarfications are planned:

 - The SLLA Option MUST be included in both RS and NS messages.
 - The RA must use the SLLA option in the RS without creating a Neighbor
 Cache entry, because we don't want to add a Neighbor Cache entry until we
 get an ARO from the host.
 - Clarify that an unspecified source address is never used for a NS.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/68>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 13:09:36 -0000

Component:  nd                  |     Version:     
Changes (by zach@…):

  * component:  format => nd

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/68#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 20:08:17 -0000

Comment(by zach@…):

 Also clarify what is in the unicast NS message:

 IPv6 source - the address the host wishes to register[[BR]]

 IPv6 destination - the unicast address of the router. Normally this will
 be a link-local address, since the RAs are send with a link-local source
 thus the default router list on the host ends up with link-local addresses
 for the router(s).[[BR]]

 NS target address - same as the IPv6 destination address.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/68#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:24:11 -0000

Comment(by zach@…):

 One further SLLA requirement from Pascal and Erik:

 -  We need to require the inclusion of the SLLA option in RAs.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/68#comment:3>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>