Subject: [6lowpan] Some clarification on draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-05

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:20:20 +0800

Hi,

In draft (draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-05), in section 3.4.1 in the home
automation usecase section it is stated that the communication scenario
is mostly tied between host and sinks(ER and LC) placed inside lowPAN.
Does this apply to smart energy application mentioned in the draft such
as DR, DSM, Peak energy pricing?  If all home automation communication
endpoints related to appliances are placed inside the LowPAN, then how
does these functions take place(DSM, DR, Peak energy pricing).

Is it assumed that DR takes place by device sending load requirement to
LC/ER and then ER sending collected demand information of multiple
devices to the utlity. If the draft can clearly explain these it is more
useful.

Also what is the benefit of having such sink in architecture for the
energy management applications? Why not avoid such sinks?

Thanks.

BR,
Mohana