Subject: [6lowpan] #67: Clarfication about the Neighbor Cache

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 12:16:12 -0000

#67: Clarfication about the Neighbor Cache
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:     
Component:  nd                  |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Pascal commented on the list that the Neighbor Cache is used differently
 than in RFC4861 thus it should have a different name etc. The use of
 Neighbor Cache in nd-09 is however 80-90% common to the use in RFC4861 so
 the Neighbor Cache name should be kept and as a single cache. The
 maintenance of entries in the nd-09 Neighbor Cache is based on address
 registration with the lifetime set buy the host, thus the following text
 will be added to clarify the difference in the terminology under
 registration and in Section 5.5:

 "Thus for 6LoWPAN the Neighbor Cache doesn't behave like a cache. Instead
 it behaves as a registry of all the host addresses that are attached to
 the Router."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/67>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>