Subject: [6lowpan] #109: IESG comment #18 (by Adrian Farrel) - Clarification of "protocol reliability"

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:25:29 -0000

#109: IESG comment #18 (by Adrian Farrel) - Clarification of "protocol
reliability"
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Requirement 8 says

    [R08] 6LoWPAN routing protocols SHOULD be reliable despite
    unresponsive nodes due to periodic hibernation.

 This needs to be clarified. What is "protocol reliability". Do you mean
 that the protocol should exchange packets reliably, that the protocol
 should be able to reliably find a path, or that the path found should be
 reliabel?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/109>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:36:12 -0000

#109: IESG comment #18 (by Adrian Farrel) - Clarification of "protocol
reliability"
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 R08 was intended to say that the protocol should be able to reliably find
 a path. However, as it may make some confusion, we have rewritten the
 requirement as follows:

 "R08: The design of 6LoWPAN routing protocols SHOULD take into account
 that some nodes may be unresponsive during certain time intervals due to
 periodic hibernation."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/109#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>