Subject: [6lowpan] #112: IESG comment #21 (by Adrian Farrel) - Support of MAC addresses for Mesh Under

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:14:28 -0000

#112: IESG comment #21 (by Adrian Farrel) - Support of MAC addresses for Mesh
Under
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Requirement 17

    [R17] In case there are one or more nodes allocated for the specific
 role of local management, such a management node MAY take the role of
 keeping track of nodes within the area of the LoWPAN it takes
 responsibility for.

 Is this a requirement on the routing protocol? It doesn't appear to be.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/112>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:19:37 -0000

#112: IESG comment #21 (by Adrian Farrel) - Requirement 17

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/112#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:33:42 -0000

#112: IESG comment #21 (by Adrian Farrel) - Requirement 17
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 This requirement is indeed sufficiently nebulous that it is hard to state
 in a "requirement" way.
 R17 is now more explicitly about adding structure (such as CDS/MPR) to a
 mesh-under network to support multicast.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/112#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>