Subject: [6lowpan] Working-Group Last Call for draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-06

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:52:31 +0200

LoWPANners,

as you know, the working group chairs dropped the ball on the usecases
document.
A version with fixes resulting from the WGLC issued on 2009-01-09 was
submitted on 2009-10-02. We wanted to get some quick feedback on
whether that was fixing the issues and then never actually issued the
second working-group last call.  Indeed, the Internet-Draft expired
after six months...  Then the terminology of the ND draft changed.
Since the usecases draft now has been resubmitted with updated
terminology:

This is a Working-Group Last-Call for:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-06

The document is intended to be submitted by this Working Group to the
IESG for publication as an Informational Document.

This is a one-week Working-Group Last-Call, ending on 2010-08-09
(Monday, August 09, 2010) at 2359 UTC.

Please review the document carefully (one last time), and send your
comments to the 6lowpan list.  Please also indicate in your response
whether or not you think this document is ready to go to the IESG.

Carsten and Geoff

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:58:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

In my opinion, the Use Cases document is ready to promptly go to the IESG.

Greetings,

Carles

> _______________________________________________
> 6lowpan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan
>

---

From: "S.M.Saif Shams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 07:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

hi all,

i want to go with the document.

thanks
saif

________________________________
From: Carles Gomez Montenegro <[email-masked]>
To: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Cc: 6lowpan 6lowpan <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, July 28, 2010 3:58:11 PM
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] Working-Group Last Call for 
draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-06

Hi all,

Greetings,

Carles

---

From: "Youn-Hee Han" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:02:13 +0900

Hi all,

I haven't been actively involved in WG discussion, but always follows the
mailing list and discussion.
I think this document is useful to understand basics of 6LoWPAN, and this
document is ready to go to the IESG.

Youn-Hee Han

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Carsten Bormann
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:53 PM
To: 6lowpan 6lowpan
Subject: [6lowpan] Working-Group Last Call for
draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-06

LoWPANners,

Carsten and Geoff

---

From: Shoichi Sakane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 04:23:27 +0900

Hi,

I have reviewed this draft.  I think it shows very good example and
information to be worth for the implementers and the designers
of LoWPAN networks.   I thank the authors.

With minor modifications that I listed below, this document must
be ready to go.

- "This specification" used in section 1.1 sounds unreasonable to me.
   It would be better to change into "This document", which is used
   many other places.

- "Multihop communication" used in section 3.5.1 has any special meaning ?
   If not, just use "Multi-hop communication" that is used other places.

- I attached a diff file for fixing typos.

Shoichi Sakane

> whether or not you think this document is ready to go to the IESG.
*** draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-06.txt	Sat Jul 31 04:11:10 2010
--- draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-06-new.txt	Sat Jul 31 04:06:31 2010
***************
*** 24,26 ****
     the work currently done in the 6LoWPAN WG is provided with the
!    characterisitcis of each dimention.  A complete list of practical use
     cases is not the goal of this document.
--- 24,26 ----
     the work currently done in the 6LoWPAN WG is provided with the
!    characteristics of each dimension.  A complete list of practical use
     cases is not the goal of this document.
***************
*** 211,213 ****
  
!       A LoWPAN node that forwards data between arbitary source-
        destination pairs using link-layer addresses and thus only exists
--- 211,213 ----
  
!       A LoWPAN node that forwards data between arbitrary source-
        destination pairs using link-layer addresses and thus only exists
***************
*** 492,494 ****
     LoWPANs must be provided with low installation and management costs,
!    and for the transportation of blood containers, precise location
     tracking of containers is important.  The hospital network manager or
--- 492,494 ----
     LoWPANs must be provided with low installation and management costs,
!    and for the transportation of boold containers, precise location
     tracking of containers is important.  The hospital network manager or
***************
*** 583,585 ****
     an ambulance, it will be connected to an LBR in the vehicle.  This
!    typle of mobility is supported by 6LoWPAN ND and routing mechanism.
  
--- 583,585 ----
     an ambulance, it will be connected to an LBR in the vehicle.  This
!    type of mobility is supported by 6LoWPAN ND and routing mechanism.
  
***************
*** 720,722 ****
     can be set in the commissioning phase.  Address configuration and
!    LoWPAN formation are acheived by 6LoWPAN HC [7] and 6LoWPAN ND [6].
     Each pillar network may be built as a stub network, so that 16-bit
--- 720,722 ----
     can be set in the commissioning phase.  Address configuration and
!    LoWPAN formation are achieved by 6LoWPAN HC [7] and 6LoWPAN ND [6].
     Each pillar network may be built as a stub network, so that 16-bit
***************
*** 1023,1025 ****
  
!    o  Multi-hop communicaton: multi-hop for homecare devices, star
        topology on patients body.  Multipath interference due to walls
--- 1023,1025 ----
  
!    o  Multi-hop communication: multi-hop for homecare devices, star
        topology on patients body.  Multipath interference due to walls
***************
*** 1085,1087 ****
     identification system together with strong authority and
!    athentication mechanism.  The connection between the LBR at home and
     the LBR at Hospital must be reliable and secure, as the data is
--- 1085,1087 ----
     identification system together with strong authority and
!    authentication mechanism.  The connection between the LBR at home and
     the LBR at Hospital must be reliable and secure, as the data is
***************
*** 1273,1275 ****
  
!    o  Mutli-hop communication: mesh topology with local star
        connections.
--- 1273,1275 ----
  
!    o  Multi-hop communication: mesh topology with local star
        connections.

---

From: Hamid Mukhtar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:09:08 +0900

> In my opinion, the Use Cases document is ready to promptly go to the IESG.
+1.

I just finished reading the updated version and it looks good to me.