Subject: [6lowpan] #94: IESG comment #3 - Making explicit the security services needed

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:39:14 -0000

#94: IESG comment #3 - Making explicit the security services needed
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Sec 5.4: What do you mean by secure delivery/transmission?  Does secure
 delivery/transmission encompass origin authentication, integrity, and
 confidentiality or some subset?  RFC 4919 only refers to confidentiality
 and integrity.  I think you should be explicit about what "secure
 delivery" means.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/94>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:39:52 -0000

#94: IESG comment #3 - Making explicit the security services needed
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 In our opinion, all security services (i.e. authentication, integrity and
 confidentiality) MUST be supported. Changed R14 statement accordingly.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/94#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>