Subject: Re: [6lowpan] #77: Improve relation to R01

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:52:54 -0000

#77: Improve relation to R01
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dokaspar.ietf@…          |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect                   |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements     |      Version:        
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                           |  
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Old description:

> R01: The requirement of making routing state number and size independent
> of the number of hosts is perfectly valid; however, the goal toward
> "routing protocol of low computational complexity in time and resources"
> combined with R10 "scalability in terms of number of reachable end-
> points" shall be better taken into account when specifying requirements
> such as R04, R05, R06, and R09.

New description:

 R01: The requirement of making routing state number and size independent
 of the number of hosts is perfectly valid; however, the goal toward
 "routing protocol of low computational complexity in time and resources"
 combined with R10 "scalability in terms of number of reachable end-points"
 shall be better taken into account when specifying requirements such as
 R04, R05, R06, and R09.

 (From Routing Directorate Review of draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-
 requirements-06.txt, May 20, 2010)

--

Comment:

 In -07, we are calling out the tradeoffs more explicitly in R05, R06, R09
 (SVN-195).
 (However, the text probably would become unreadable if we actually
 mentioned every tradeoff in every place.)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/77#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>