Subject: [6lowpan] #124: IESG comment #33 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - FFD and RFD in the same routing domain

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:01:35 -0000

#124: IESG comment #33 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - FFD and RFD in the
same routing domain
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 - Are all RFD and FFD expected to be part of the same routing domain?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/124>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:03:28 -0000

#124: IESG comment #33 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - FFD and RFD in the
same routing domain
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 As we mentioned in ticket #115, we do not distinguish FFD and RFD any
 longer. Only FFDs are expected to exist.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/124#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:00:58 -0000

Comment(by eunah.ietf@…):

 the following text will be included in order to explain the position of
 this document about RFD/FFDs.

 "802.15.4 distinguishes two classes of devices: full-function devices
 (FFDs) and reduced-function devices (RFDs).
 As this distinction is based on some MAC features that are not always in
 use, we are not using this distinction in this document.
 However, some nodes in the network will limit themselves to the role of
 hosts only, while some other nodes will take part in the routing.  This
 host/router distinction can correlate with the processing capabilities of
 the device and power available in a similar way to the idea of RFDs and
 FFDs."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/124#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>