Subject: [6lowpan] #117: IESG comment #26 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - Question about multiple routing protocols

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:02:31 -0000

#117: IESG comment #26 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - Question about
multiple routing protocols
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  task                    |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 - End of Section 1 states "Application-specific features affect the design
 of 6LoWPAN routing requirements and the corresponding … It does not imply
 a single routing solution to be favorable for all 6LoWPAN applications."
 Are these different protocols expected to run simultaneously on the same
 FFD/m-node ?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/117>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:03:00 -0000

#117: IESG comment #26 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - Question about
multiple routing protocols
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  task                    |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Different protocols are not expected to run simultaneously. This was
 written to point out that we don’t forsee the development of a one-size-
 fits-all solution.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/117#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>