Subject: [6lowpan] #123: IESG comment #32 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - "Short term" time range

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:41:33 -0000

#123: IESG comment #32 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - "Short term" time
range
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 - R06: states "[R06] 6LoWPAN routing protocols SHOULD be robust to dynamic
 loss caused by link failure or device unavailability either in the short
 term" can authors provide a time range of "short-term"?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/123>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:59:43 -0000

#123: IESG comment #32 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - "Short term" time
range
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 We would call short-term as tens of milliseconds (but basically, this all
 depends on the application too). In fact, in IEEE 802.15.4, link failure
 detection after three consecutive unsuccessful transmission attempts takes
 30 ms in average.

 We mentioned the 30 ms value in R06.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/123#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>