Subject: [6lowpan] #83: Make fields 16-bit rather than 32-bit where possible

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:47:10 -0000

#83: Make fields 16-bit rather than 32-bit where possible
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 It was poited out on the list that the current 32-bit fields in ABRO, 6CO
 and ARO and wasteful and not so efficient for simple microcontrollers.
 This ticket suggests the following change:

  * ARO Registration Lifetime to 16-bit with 10s resolution
  * 6CO Valid Lifetime to 16-bit with 10s resolution
  * ABRO Version Number to 16-bit immediately after Length

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/83>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:01:29 -0000

#83: Make fields 16-bit rather than 32-bit where possible
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 - Done in nd-11. Fields changed so to minimize code changes needed.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/83#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>