Subject: [6lowpan] #85: Temporary ND option types

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 07:16:02 -0000

#85: Temporary ND option types
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 ZigBee IP has started using temporary ND option types for interop testing.
 This ticket is to suggest either putting those temporary types in nd-11
 for now, or keeping this ticket as documentation until IANA makes the
 assignment.

 ND option types – fix at 31 (ARO), 32 (6CO), 33 (ABRO). These are
 currently listed as TBD in 6lowpan-nd-10. The reason 31, 32 and 33 were
 picked is that they are the first unassigned numbers in
 http://www.ianaorg/assignments/icmpv6-parameters (search for "IPv6
 Neighbor Discovery Option Formats" in that document). However, we
 won't get a definitive answer on this until it has been through
 IANA.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/85>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:09:17 -0000

#85: Temporary ND option types
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  trivial             |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 - Following text added to nd-11 (someone please correct me if this is not
 the right way to do this...)

 {{{
    For the purpose of protocol interop testing of this specification,
    the following values are being used temporarily:

    o  TBD1 = 31

    o  TBD2 = 32

    o  TBD3 = 33
 }}}

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/85#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>