Subject: [6lowpan] #113: IESG comment #22 (by Adrian Farrel) - Requirement 18

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:29:52 -0000

#113: IESG comment #22 (by Adrian Farrel) - Requirement 18
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Requirement 18

    [R18] If the routing protocol functionality includes enabling IP
    multicast, then it may want to employ structure in the network for
 efficient distribution [I-D.ietf-manet-smf], such as Connected
    Dominating Sets (CDS), Multi-Point Relays (MPR), or relay points
    sending point-to-multipoint messages in unicast messages instead of
 using link-layer multicast (broadcast).

 Do you mean "MAY".

 "may want to" seems like a very flimsy "requirement." Actually, the
 paragraph looks like a solution in search of a requirement. Can you
 turn this into a potential requirement, and leave the solution for
 the solution documents?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/113>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:55:54 -0000

#113: IESG comment #22 (by Adrian Farrel) - Requirement 18
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect                  |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 We propose to rewrite [R18] as follows:

 [R18] If the routing protocol functionality includes enabling IP
    multicast, then it MAY employ structure in the network for
    efficient distribution in order to minimize link layer broadcast.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/113#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>