Subject: [6lowpan] #106: IESG comment #15 (by Stewart Bryant) - Terminology in Fig. 1

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:18:19 -0000

#106: IESG comment #15 (by Stewart Bryant) - Terminology in Fig. 1
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 "Here, 'Routing' is not equivalent to IP routing, but includes the
 functionalities of path computation and forwarding under the IP layer."
 In the IETF "Routing" has a well known meaning, and if this document
 proposes something else, it needs a new term.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/106>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:14:49 -0000

#106: IESG comment #15 (by Stewart Bryant) - Terminology in Fig. 1
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Add a note in paragraph 2 of section 1 explaining the layer-agnostic usage
 of the term "routing" and the qualifying terms "Route Over" and "Mesh
 Under" in this document.
 (Replacing routing by "layer-3 routing and/or layer-2 path formation"
 throughout the document is probably not a viable strategy.  See also
 RFC5556.)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/106#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>