Subject: [6lowpan] #91: Clarification on routing protocol interaction

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 21:16:52 -0000

#91: Clarification on routing protocol interaction
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:     
Component:  nd                  |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 There has been discussion on the list regarding how to apply 6lowpan-nd
 between routers, particularly with RPL but this is a general issue as ND
 is routing protocol agnostic.

 The main confusion comes from when NS/NA with ARO should be used by a
 router, and how neighbor cache entries and default router entries can be
 maintained by a routing algorithm. This ticket is to include further
 clarifications and recommendations.

 Note: ND is agnostic to the use of routing algorithms, and it the decision
 of the routing algorithm or implementor as to which ND mechanisms are used
 between routers. This follows the practice introduced with RFC4861.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/91>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:42:45 +0200

Happy to help.

On Jul 25, 2010, at 11:16 PM, 6lowpan issue tracker wrote:

> -------------------------------- 
> +-------------------------------------------
> -------------------------------- 
> +-------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> 6lowpan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan