Subject: [6lowpan] #104: IESG comment #13 (by Tim Polk) - Terminology alignment

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:43:17 -0000

#104: IESG comment #13 (by Tim Polk) - Terminology alignment
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 The term "node" seems to be used inconsistently within this document, and
 with respect to IEEE 802.15.4 and 6lowpan-nd.  For example, in figure 2
 all components of a Route Over network are
 labeled as edge routers, LoWPAN routers, or LoWPAN hosts.  Figure 3 labels
 several components in a mesh under network as
 "mesh nodes", and the remaining components are Edge routers or
 LoWPAN hosts.

 The text that follows (last paragraph in 3.1) opens with a discussion of
 communication between nodes in different LoWPANs -shouldn't this include
 communication between LoWPAN hosts?  The next sentence talks about nodes
 performing IP routing in the
 Route Over case, but Figure 2 doesn't have "nodes".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/104>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:44:41 -0000

#104: IESG comment #13 (by Tim Polk) - Terminology alignment
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect                  |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 We have made the following changes in the “working document”:

 - Aligned figures 2 and 3 (and related text) with ND terminology.
 - Added ‘Mesh Node’ term in Section 2 (because it is not defined in the ND
 terminology section).
 - Changed ‘Node’ by ‘device’ to avoid the confusion mentioned by Tim Polk.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/104#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>