Subject: [6lowpan] #97: IESG comment #6 - Mechanism for securing routing data

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:47:37 -0000

#97: IESG comment #6 - Mechanism for securing routing data
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 According to RFC 4919:

  IEEE 802.15.4 mandates link-layer security based on AES

 so why isn't this need to define /taking in to account a MUST?

 In a nutshell it's not clear to me how the routing data is going to be
 secured. MUST it be the IEEE mechanism, can it be something else that is
 WG defined, or can it be something already defined elsewhere in the IETF?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/97>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:30:38 -0000

#97: IESG comment #6 - Mechanism for securing routing data
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Added text to R14 that makes it a SHOULD to be able to exploit the crypto
 hardware available on typical LoWPAN chips.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/97#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>