Subject: [6lowpan] #116: IESG comment #24 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - Requirement 08

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:46:03 -0000

#116: IESG comment #24 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - Requirement  08
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  routing-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 - Are forwarders expected to be sleeping too ? or this mode limited to the
 devices connected to a LowPAN as specified in RFC 4919.

 Requirement R08 (Section 5.3) should be revised accordingly.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/116>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:52:31 -0000

#116: IESG comment #24 (by the Routing Area Directorate) - Requirement  08
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carlesgo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:        
Component:  routing-requirements    |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                       |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by carlesgo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 As far as we are aware of, there is not a standard way for implementing
 duty cycle/sleeping techniques.

 In many IEEE 802.15.4 deployments we know of, and in other wireless low
 power technologies, forwarders are mains-powered devices (and hence do not
 need to sleep). However, we think we should not assume (or require) all
 forwarders have to be mains-powered.

 We added the above explanation into the explanatory text of R08.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/116#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>