Subject: [6lowpan] #86: SLLA/TLLA clarification

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 07:29:52 -0000

#86: SLLA/TLLA clarification
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 ZigBee IP noticed that some clarifications are needed around the use of
 SLLA in the document, and wondered if TLLA should be used in some places.
 The authors looked into the issue and currently have the following
 suggestions:

 1. As the LLA is not really used for anything in the NA, there is no
 reason to carry a LLA there, TLLA is actually not required in the draft at
 all. This should be better documented and Figure 3 fixed. In particular:

 For 6lowpan-nd we could say in section 6.5.2 after

   The Registration Lifetime and the EUI-64 are recorded in the Neighbor
 Cache entry.  A unicast Neighbor Advertisement (NA) is then sent in
 response to the NS.  This NA SHOULD include a copy of the ARO, with the
 Status field set to zero.

 that "A TLLA option is not required in the NA, since the host already
 knows the router's link-layer address from Router Advertisements."

 2. Section 5.4 currently says "Furthermore, the SLLA option MUST be
 included in the RS." This is a bug and should say RA instead of RS.

 3. There may also be some confusion on the carrying of LLAs in multihop
 DAD NS/NA exchanges. In this case BOTH the NS and NA MUST carry an SLLA
 option.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/86>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:19:02 -0000

#86: SLLA/TLLA clarification
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 1. and 2. fixed. In addition a sentence was added to Section 8.2 to
 clarify 3.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/86#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>