Subject: Re: [6lowpan] #87: GP16 as source address in initial NS

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:57:41 -0000

#87: GP16 as source address in initial NS
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:        
Component:  nd                  |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Comment(by zach@…):

 This ticked was brought up again in Maastricht. As a solution to
 implementation problems when sending back an NA+ARO in response to an
 initial registration (no neighbor cache entry), a solution was included in
 nd-12:

 - A NS+ARO from an unknown host now created a temporary NCE.
 - Multihop DAD NS+ARO messages do not carry an SLLAO.
 - The temporary NCE is used to return the NA+ARO to a host.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/87#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>