Subject: Re: [6lowpan] #91: Clarification on routing protocol interaction

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:53:00 -0000

#91: Clarification on routing protocol interaction
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  trivial             |    Milestone:        
Component:  nd                  |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Several improvements were made in nd-12:

 - Modification was made in Section 6.5.3 allowing routers to use multicast
 NS between themselves to resolve addresses if not possible otherwise.

 - Neighbor cache entry states were clarified (Registered, Garbage collect,
 Tentative) along with how a routing protocol may create or update these
 entries in a new "Neighbor Cache Management" section.

 - A new "Router Interaction Example" section was added.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/91#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>