Subject: [6lowpan] nd #129 (new): Clarification on context distribution lifecycle

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 11:04:21 -0000

#129: Clarification on context distribution lifecycle

 nd-14 is currently quite loose on the lifecycle behaviour lanaguage. In
 order to ensure that context information is changed safely, the following
 changes are proposed:

  * MIN_CONTEXT_CHANGE_DELAY >= default router lifetime
  * Section 7.2 mentions "Only when it is reasonable to assume", connect
 that with MIN_CONTEXT_CHANGE_DELAY.
  * Define that the host MUST refresh its context by sending a unicast RS
 to a router who's default router lifetime has expired when waking up.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  erik.nordmark@…         
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                          
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                          
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                          
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/129>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>