Subject: [6tisch-security] no meeting on Nov. 18

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 00:27:30 -0500

I am travelling, and also many people are on vacation.
We will resume on Nov. 25.

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:44:36 -0500

Hi Michael:

Next week is Thanksgiving week in the USA, which we should respect.

This aside, we should discuss next steps of 6TiSCH security work 
(including agenda setting). Personally, I think past calls have not 
worked well and I am not alone in this assessment.

Sadly, there was no time allocated for this on the IETF-91 agenda. I 
think this was a grave mistake. (Normally, face-to-face meetings are 
primarily for things that are hard to discuss via email alone.)

Best regards, Rene

On 11/18/2014 12:27 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch-security mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch-security

-- 
email: [email-masked] | Skype: rstruik
cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 | US: +1 (415) 690-7363

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 22:41:49 -0800

Rene,

While, same as you, I would have loved even more time to discuss security,
I believe we have spent close to an hour doing so, first with lots of
questions and discussions, then with the presentation of the drafts.

What alternative format are you proposing for the security work?

Thomas

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Rene Struik <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (including agenda setting). Personally, I think past calls have not worked
> well and I am not alone in this assessment.
>
> Sadly, there was no time allocated for this on the IETF-91 agenda. I think
> this was a grave mistake. (Normally, face-to-face meetings are primarily
> for things that are hard to discuss via email alone.)
>
> Best regards, Rene
>
> 6tisch-security mailing [email-masked]://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch-security
>
>
>
> --

---

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:09:21 -0500

Hi Thomas:

Face to face meetings should be spent on items that do require 
face-to-face time, such as that on joining, which had 2 x 10 minutes 
slated for the end of the meeting.

We did have lots of infomercials for 802.15.9kmp, etc., and other 
non-systematic discussion, that consumed bandwidth and that, frankly, 
were time wasters.  Together with the presentation on ETSI (which could 
have been a webcast, since purely informational), this could have freed 
up more than 45 minutes. {Even with those subslots, we would have had 
more time, if the allocated timeslots would have been adhered to (a good 
example of TSTH (Time Slotted Topic Hopping)...)}

It would help if people would realize more that participation in 
meetings is expensive, both in time and in budget, so it is imperative 
to make good use of this.

On your question: we can discuss offline. I will contact you on Monday.

Best regards, Rene

On 11/21/2014 1:41 AM, Thomas Watteyne wrote:
> Rene,
>
> While, same as you, I would have loved even more time to discuss 
> security, I believe we have spent close to an hour doing so, first 
> with lots of questions and discussions, then with the presentation of 
> the drafts.
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Rene Struik <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Michael:
>
>     (including agenda setting). Personally, I think past calls have
>     not worked well and I am not alone in this assessment.
>
>     Sadly, there was no time allocated for this on the IETF-91 agenda.
>     I think this was a grave mistake. (Normally, face-to-face meetings
>     are primarily for things that are hard to discuss via email alone.)
>
>     Best regards, Rene
>
>>     [email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     email:[email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>  | Skype: rstruik
>     cell:+1 (647) 867-5658  <tel:%2B1%20%28647%29%20867-5658>  | US:+1 (415) 690-7363  <tel:%2B1%20%28415%29%20690-7363>
>
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>