Subject: [6tsch] About the special type of event to ask PCE to create a track

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:08:20 +0000

Dear all,

We discussed at the call that the(PCEP?) request to ask for a track establishment could be seen as an event, or could be a new flow.
At the call, I suggested that it could be a new, 5th flow. My arguments are that this flow:
- Probably yields different data format. The demand carries and points, end to end latency and bandwidth. That's quite specific.
- Probably yields a different flow. Events do not necessarily have a response. 
- Probably uses a different transport as well (PCEP vs. CoAP)

What do you think?

Pascal

---

From: Qin Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 02:01:31 +0800

Hi Pascal,

My understanding is that 6top is a passive role in dealing with cell/track
reservation. In another word, the 6top in a node can report its state,
including neighbor table, cell usage, and other statistics information, but
can not make decision on if some cells/track should be added or removed,
which should be the responsibility of PCE in centralized case or upper
layer in distributed case. Thus, I can not see when the 5th flow will be
used. Can you explain more?

Thanks
Qin

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We discussed at the call that the(PCEP?) request to ask for a track
> establishment could be seen as an event, or could be a new flow.
> - Probably yields different data format. The demand carries and points,
> end to end latency and bandwidth. That's quite specific.
> _______________________________________________
> 6tsch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tsch
>