Subject: [82all] IETF 82 - Meeting Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 01:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

82nd IETF Meeting
Taipei, Taiwan
November 13-18, 2011
Host: Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)
	Host Website: http://ietf82.tw/
Meeting venue:  Taipei International Convention Center (TICC)
	http://www.ticc.com.tw/index_en.aspx

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/

1.  Registration
2.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
3.  Accommodations
4.  Host City Special Offer
5.  Companion Program

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 11 November
	2011 1700 PT (00:00 UTC) 
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 
		07 November 2011 at 1700 PT (0000 UTC). 
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)
		cancellation fee if requested by that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 11 November 2011,
	1700 local Taipei time.
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 13 November 2011 at 1100
	local Taipei time.

2. Visas & Letters of Invitation: 
	Information on Visiting Taiwan, please visit:
	http://ietf82.tw/info.html#h1
	and
	http://www.boca.gov.tw/np.asp?ctNode=529&mp=2

	After you complete the registration process, you will be given
	the option of requesting a Letter of Invitation. You can request
	the Letter of Invitation as soon as you finish registration, or
	at a later time by following the link provided in the
	confirmation email. 

3.  Accommodations - Please note cutoff dates
	The IETF is holding blocks of guest rooms at 3 hotels in Taipei:
	Grand Hyatt Taipei (Headquarter Hotel - adjacent to the TICC
	and approximately a 3 minute walk); 
		Grand Room (single): NTD 7,000; USD 239; EUR 166; JPY 18,346
	Shangri-La Far Eastern Plaza Hotel (Overflow Hotel - approximately 
	5-10 minute taxi ride, it is not accessible by walking, shuttle to 
	TICC daily at 8:15 AM with reservation);
		Deluxe Room (single): NTD 6,300; USD 215; EUR 150; JPY 16,511
	Howard Plaza Hotel (Overflow Hotel - approximately 10 minute taxi ride, 
	approximately a 30 minute walk, accessible by subway and bus)
		Superior Room (single): NTD 4,800; USD 164; EUR 114; JPY 12,580

	Room rates include one complimentary daily buffet breakfast and
	complimentary in-room high-speed Internet access. VAT of 5% is 
	included in the prices, VAT rates are subject to change. 10% service 
	charge is NOT included in the guest room rates.

	NOTE: Continental Breakfast will NOT be served at the meeting 
	venue since it is included in the guest room rate at the hotels
	IETF is holding a block.

	Reservations Cut off Date: 12 October 2011 at the Grand Hyatt and 
	Shangri-La, 19 October 2011 at the Howard Plaza Hotel

	For additional information on rates and policies, please visit:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/82/hotel.html

4.  Host City Special Offer
	Taiwan's Bureau of Foreign Trade kindly provides all participants 
	of international meetings held in Taipei (including IETF 82) a MEET 
	TAIWAN CARD, which offers free wireless Internet service and various 
	discounts for shopping, dining, accommodation, transportation, leisure, 
	entertainment, communication, and other services during the meeting. 
	The MEET TAIWAN CARD is free of charge. For more details, please visit
	http://card.meettaiwan.com/welcome.aspx
	You can also access this information through the Host's Web Page at: 
	http://ietf82.tw/

	For those who need free wireless Internet service, we would like to 
	recommend to apply one as soon as possible. 

5.  Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years
	of age you can register them for the IETF Companion Program for
	only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1730 on
	Sunday, 13 November
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900
	on Sunday, 13 November
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue
	(not to be used to attend working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose
	to help communicate and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website
	or onsite at the meeting.

	To join the 82 companions mailing list see:
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82companions

Only 51 days until the Taipei IETF!