Subject: [Ace] [ace] New Version Notification of draft-zhu-ace-groupauth-00.txt

From: 齐旻鹏 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:58:52 +0800

Hi all,

Due to the submission problem, we submitted a new version of group authentication draft in ACE with secretary’s help just now: draft-zhu-ace-groupauth-00. It is based on the original core draft: draft-zhu-core-groupauth-01. 

The main change is to introduce two new scenarios based on the comments from Vancouver meeting. 

Your review and comments are valuable and welcome.

The information for this draft is as below:

Name:		draft-zhu-ace-groupauth
Revision:	00
Title:		Group Authentication
Document date:	2014-02-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-zhu-ace-groupauth-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-ace-groupauth/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-ace-groupauth-00

Abstract
   The group communication is designed for the communication of Internet
   of Things. A threat is identified in [I-D.ietf-core-groupcomm] that
   current DTLS based approach is unicast oriented and there is no
   supporting on group authentication feature. Unicast oriented
   authentication will causing serious burden when a large number of
   terminal nodes will be involved inevitably. In another aspect, some
   terminals will own the same characteristics, such as owning same
   features, in the same place, working in the same time, etc. With this
   mechanism, all terminals can be authenticated together with little
   signaling and calculation at the same time. It will reduce the
   network burden and save time. This draft describes the security of
   group authentication and an group authentication implementation
   method for the Internet of things.

BRs,
Minpeng