Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00.txt

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:51:47 +0100

Hello,

here is the draft I mentioned earlier, which fits (more or less) to the 
agenda item 3.

> 3. Architectural Design Choices - 30 min

Note that this draft highlights some questions where we don't think that 
we have enough information, but we also think they are important to make 
a decision on good protocols or profiles for ACE. People with the 
relevant expertise are more than welcome to comment or contribute.

/Ludwig

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00.txt
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:59:49 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Goeran Selander 
<[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Goran 
Selander <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Goeran Selander and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations
Revision:	00
Title:		Design Considerations for Security Protocols in Constrained 
Environments
Document date:	2014-02-14
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		14
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations/
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00

Abstract:
    Considerable effort has been spent on securing existing Internet
    standard authentication and authorization protocols such as TLS,
    Kerberos, and OAuth, among others. It would save a lot of effort if
    these protocols could be profiled to be feasible for constrained
    environments, with some easily obtainable security considerations.

    However, these protocols were typically not designed with constrained
    environments in mind, so profiling of an existing protocol may result
    in a far from optimal solution. Moreover they are not necessarily
    complying with their original design objectives outside their
    intended domain of application.

    This document examines the impact of typical characteristics of
    security protocols (e.g. cryptographic calculations, number and size
    of protocol messages) in a constrained environment.  The goal is to
    provide decision support when different resource usage optimizations
    are possible in the adaptation of a security protocol for this
    setting.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat