Subject: [Ace] 802.15.9

From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:26:24 +0200

Hi,

I think the charter should include the use of IEEE 802.15.9 KMP
protocols and development of API to provide channel binding towards
applications
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-roll-3.pdf
http://ieee802.org/15/par.html

br
Andrei

- -- 
Andrei Gurtov, PhD
Principal Scientist, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT
Adjunct Professor Aalto University, University of Oulu and University
of Helsinki
http://www.hiit.fi/~gurtov
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrei_Gurtov

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:25:43 +0100

Hi Andrei,

we should definitely track this work (whenever something becomes public).

It is, however, my impression that this IEEE work is focused on an
authentication and key exchange solution on the link layer and we are
focusing on an application layer solution (which lead us to discuss the
dependency on CoAP). Is this correct?

While there are cases where only two neighbouring nodes talk to each
other I believe that this is not the only scenario people have in mind.

It does, however, raise the question between the link layer mechanism
and the application layer security story. If you want to optimize the
entire system then paying attention to the security mechanism at the
other layers obviously makes sense. In that sense it is understandable
that the 6tisch work was presented to us as well.

Ciao
Hannes

On 03/17/2014 11:26 AM, Andrei Gurtov wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>