Subject: [Ace] searching for a replacement co-chair

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 16:15:30 -0600

Hi all,

The NomComm has selected me as the next Security AD, so I will need
to step down as ace co-chair at the London meeting.

I do not want to ask Jim to take on the entire WG-chairing burden
himself, so we are seeking candidates to replace me as his co-chair.
The final decision will be made by the ADs, and even if you are not
the best fit for ace, we can consider candidates for other WG chair
positions as they open up in the future.

As a brief overview, a WG chair is tasked with running WG sessions
at physical IETF meetings, judging WG consensus both in the room and
on the list (including soliciting additional reviews if needed), and
shepherding documents through their lifecycle/approval process (both
through the formal "document shepherd" role and otherwise).  There
are documentation and checklists available to help with the process
side of things, and it is not necessary to have deep technical
expertise on the subject matter in order to perform the role.  (Some
familiarity or willingness to obtain familiarity with the technical
topics is needed, in order to be able to judge consensus and
determine the seriousness of any potential issues that may arise
during discussion of documents and their impact on WG consensus.)
It is expected that a WG chair will be able to attend in person most
of the WG's sessions at IETF meetings, but not necessarily all of
them, so it is recommended to talk to your management about the
needed travel budget, additional involvement, and time commitment.

Please let us know if you think you might be interested in the WG
chair role for ace (or another WG) -- I'm happy to have a
conversation about the details of the role and how it might interact
with your situation.

Thanks,

Ben