Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 09:08:27 +0100

Hello ACE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of
draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03

The document describes how an Authorization Server can notify Clients
and Resource Servers of revoked but yet not expired Access Tokens. This
is achieved by means of a Token Revocation List (TRL) resource at the
AS, that a device can access and observe by using resource observation
for CoAP. The approach complements token introspection at the AS, and
does not require additional endpoints on Clients and Resource Servers.

This version further builds on the major update in version -02, and is
especially about:

1) Providing an additional circumstance by which Access Tokens can be
revoked.

2) Making more explicit examples of Token Hash computing.

3) Two additional interaction examples, also using the Diff Query mode.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03.txt
Date: 	Mon, 02 Nov 2020 09:35:13 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Grace Lewis <[email-masked]>, Francesca Palombini
<[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz
<[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>,
Sebastian Echeverria <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification
Revision: 03
Title: Notification of Revoked Access Tokens in the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) Framework
Document date: 2020-11-02
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 28
URL:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C638abc7c07334b828f5b08d87f55a9a3%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399353636077617%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=KYWBu49HnAb7MHodW4P6FdGfOhNO1781ZigtBRLli3I%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C638abc7c07334b828f5b08d87f55a9a3%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399353636077617%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=35xTqmNIguGC5pEYgDvOZod2e5Ra6BWxARG8VWyVyLc%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C638abc7c07334b828f5b08d87f55a9a3%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399353636077617%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=sgMAyR%2B9hbq5DWo%2FsYwU5P4oRfCzfOfVbqAXDBoidlU%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C638abc7c07334b828f5b08d87f55a9a3%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399353636077617%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=oPLO%2Fqcifo0naSk7reIwHsy%2FEHzH2gRhdXOrSKmF%2BNs%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-03&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C638abc7c07334b828f5b08d87f55a9a3%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399353636077617%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=g1jRVH03W93dFxE49yD%2FK9dB0oNevtiWMrgrYwkF%2FzI%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies a method of the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework, which
allows an Authorization Server to notify Clients and Resource Servers
(i.e., registered devices) about revoked Access Tokens. The method
relies on resource observation for the Constrained Application
Protocol (CoAP), with Clients and Resource Servers observing a Token
Revocation List on the Authorization Server. Resulting unsolicited
notifications of revoked Access Tokens complement alternative
approaches such as token introspection, while not requiring
additional endpoints on Clients and Resource Servers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat