Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 09:10:01 +0100

Hello ACE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04

The document describes a profile of ACE where client and resource
server(s) communicate with Group OSCORE. This supports fine-grained
access control in group communication environments, where different
group members have different access rights to the resources of the
servers in the group.

This version further builds on the major update done in v -02, with the
profile now focused on Group OSCORE as only security protocol. Changes are:

1) Clarifications on proof-of-possession, mutual authentication and
token protection, consistently with the equivalent statements in the
latest OSCORE profile [1].

2) Update to the "Dual Mode" in Appendix A to be aligned with the latest
OSCORE profile [1], especially as to the ID negotiation of Client and
Resource Server.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile-13

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04.txt
Date: 	Mon, 02 Nov 2020 08:50:18 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>, Marco
Tiloca <[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>,
Rikard Hoeglund <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rikard Hoeglund and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile
Revision: 04
Title: Group OSCORE Profile of the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments Framework
Document date: 2020-11-02
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 54
URL:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C5d08d39c137444bf09fe08d87f4f626a%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399326982038641%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=KFwFs%2B7wkrmM1ABWgpzAkCQUOqFgn9aJEVf4%2F8J5KLw%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C5d08d39c137444bf09fe08d87f4f626a%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399326982038641%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=Zv7y5wfCSd4frHbgP1j%2Fx5KNolY9mP8G1xB94hfvOlw%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C5d08d39c137444bf09fe08d87f4f626a%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399326982038641%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=FINy%2BdiJotA8JCsryqKFaPLeqIjxLM29o1a7MTDf8yw%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C5d08d39c137444bf09fe08d87f4f626a%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399326982038641%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=09l%2F3Ph1bTjWAgni1WLU0A4mm%2FHsdOHU%2FOym1Vs0zxw%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-04&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C5d08d39c137444bf09fe08d87f4f626a%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399326982038641%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=9ydrxTKn%2Bo%2BgbYNKMbtvMJ1%2FRkWzq6V%2F4kUFarw4Oc8%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies a profile for the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework. The
profile uses Group OSCORE to provide communication security between a
Client and a (set of) Resource Server(s) as members of an OSCORE
Group. The profile securely binds an OAuth 2.0 Access Token with the
public key of the Client associated to the signing private key used
in the OSCORE group. The profile uses Group OSCORE to achieve server
authentication, as well as proof-of-possession for the Client's
public key. Also, it provides proof of the Client's membership to
the correct OSCORE group, by binding the Access Token to information
from the Group OSCORE Security Context, thus allowing the Resource
Server(s) to verify the Client's membership upon receiving a message
protected with Group OSCORE from the Client.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat