Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 16:41:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-TLS profile of Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) Framework
        Authors         : Cigdem Sengul
                          Anthony Kirby
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-08.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2020-11-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies a profile for the ACE (Authentication and
   Authorization for Constrained Environments) framework to enable
   authorization in a Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-based
   publish-subscribe messaging system.  Proof-of-possession keys, bound
   to OAuth2.0 access tokens, are used to authenticate and authorize
   MQTT Clients.  The protocol relies on TLS for confidentiality and
   MQTT server (broker) authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 00:47:03 +0000

Hello Ace,
This version addresses the WGLC reviews received on the mailing list. Thank
you Daniel, Francesca and Marco for your extensive reviews and discussion
on the mailing list.

A summary of changes from Version 07 to 08:

   o  Fixed several nits, typos based on WG reviews.

   o  Added missing references.

   o  Added the definition for Property defined by MQTT, and Client
      Authorisation Server.

   o  Added artwork to show Authorisation Data format for various PoP-
      related message exchange.

   o  Removed all MQTT-related must/should/may.

   o  Made AS discovery optional.

   o  Clarified what the client and server must implement for the client
      authentication; cleaned up TLS 1.3 related language.

Kind regards,
--Cigdem

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 12:42 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-TLS
> profile of Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments
> (ACE) Framework
>         Authors         : Cigdem Sengul
>                           Anthony Kirby
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>