Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:49:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-TLS profile of Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) Framework
        Authors         : Cigdem Sengul
                          Anthony Kirby
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-09.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2020-12-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies a profile for the ACE (Authentication and
   Authorization for Constrained Environments) framework to enable
   authorization in a Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-based
   publish-subscribe messaging system.  Proof-of-possession keys, bound
   to OAuth2.0 access tokens, are used to authenticate and authorize
   MQTT Clients.  The protocol relies on TLS for confidentiality and
   MQTT server (broker) authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 22:51:42 +0000

Hello Ace,

This is the latest version, which I believe would address all the ones
Daniel listed
in his e-mail around spacing and references.

@Daniel, apologies for taking so long.

Kind regards,
--Cigdem

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:49 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-TLS
> profile of Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments
> (ACE) Framework
>         Authors         : Cigdem Sengul
>                           Anthony Kirby
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 21:29:54 -0500

Hi Cigdem,

Thanks for uploading the new version. It however appears to me that two
references have been updated in December.
* RFC8949 has been published and obsoletes RFC 7049. I would suggest to
update the reference.
* draft-ietf-cose-x509-07 has also a version 08 being published - thought
this latest update is more a detail, but since we are here, why not doing
it.

Feel free to run the Nits [1] to check I am not missing anything.

Thanks!

Yours,
Daniel
[1] https://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits

Yours,
Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson