Subject: [Adslmib] ADSLMIB WG meeting notes

From: "Ray, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:50:24 -0600

62nd IETF ADSLMIB Working Group Meeting Notes
 
We first discussed the status of the existing drafts (g.shdsl.bis
and vdsl lcs). There were no issues raised.  Moti Morgenstern
presented his "next generation" adsl draft, where we spent the 
majority of the meeting.  Moti's draft is largely an IETF-ified 
version of the DSL Forum technical recommendation (TR-090) with 
a few variations, which were discussed at length.  Issues taken 
were largely related to variance of the draft from the adsl mib.
However, it was determined that the draft follows, in large part,
the practices used in the hdsl2/g.shdsl/g.shdsl.bis and vdsl 
RFCs/drafts which are also products of this working group. 
 
The consensus of the meeting attendees was to issue email on
the working group list to discuss the potential of accepting
Moti's draft as a working group item and amending our charter
and milestones accordingly.  Discussion as to whether the draft
uses "too many indices" and the draft's variances from TR-090 
were left as topics of maillist discussion.  Faye Ly agrees to provide 
a set of examples which would illuminate those who do not 
comprehend why the drafts's templates are redundant.  

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib