Subject: [Adslmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:57:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the ADSL MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for G.shdsl.bis Lines
	Author(s)	: C. Sikes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-08.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2005-3-8
	
This document defines a Management Information Base (MIB) module for
   use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
   particular, it describes objects used for managing High Bit-Rate
   Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) - 2nd generation (HDSL2) and
   Single-Pair High-Speed Digital Subscriber Line (SHDSL) interfaces.
   This document introduces extensions to several objects and textual
   conventions defined in HDSL2-SHDSL-Line MIB (RFC 3276).  This
   document obsoletes RFC 3276.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:20:50 -0500

Hi,

There seems to be something strange happening.  On 2/21/2005, I 
submitted version -08, but was told to resubmit on or after 3/7/2005.  
On 3/7/2005, I resubmitted version -08.  One of these version -08 
submission got posted.  However, the file posted has an issue where some 
lines ending with a "=" got the "=" chopped off.  Last night, 3/14/2005, 
I submitted -09 which just has the version and dates updated.  Please be 
looking for version -09.  That will be the version we will move forward 
on if it doesn't have the same issue where content got dropped.

Regards,
Clay Sikes

On Mon, 15 March 2005, Clay Sikes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find an Internet-Draft attached for submission.
>
> Title: Definitions of Managed Objects for G.shdsl.bis Lines
> I-D Tag: draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-09.txt
> Author(s): C. Sikes, B. Ray, and R. Abbi
>
> Thanks,
> Clay Sikes 

[email-masked] wrote:

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-- Paradyne Mail --

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:47:45 -0800

Hi -

Might (3) on pages 19-20 of RFC 2045 be part of this problem?

Randy

> From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:20 AM
> Subject: Re: [Adslmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-08.txt
>

---

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:12:17 -0500

Hi Randy,

It looks like there are two issues:

   1. The "=" got removed in all the SEQUENCE definitions in the -08
      version.
      This sure sounds like what you point to in RFC 2045.  However, I'm
      not sure what I did to cause it.  I copied myself on the
      submission and the "::=" was intact.
   2. There was a 3/15 announcement of the availability of the -08
      version which had been available for some time.
      I just wanted everyone to know that I submitted a -09 version
      which should become available soon.

I copied myself on the -09 version submission along with some others.  
Mike Heard let me know that his copy had the "::=" intact.  Hopefully 
when it gets posted, it will be ok.  One lesson I learned is to check 
what gets posted and make sure it's what is expected.

Regards,
Clay

-- Paradyne Mail --