Subject: [Adslmib] Draft ADSL2 MIB - Minutes of conference call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:23:03 +0300

Hello All,

The editors of the draft ADSL2 MIB had a conference call on 26-Sep-2005.
1. Discussed the comments made by Clay Sikes. See a separate e-mail
referring to those.

2. Decided to add a read-only attribute to the adsl2ChannelStatusTable to
provide the channel ID (i.e., 1-4) associated with the channel.

3. We will add a description on how rows are created and removed from the
adsl2ChannelStatusTable and the various channel level PM tables.

4. Discussed the proposal of creating a separate RFC for the TCs.
    We are against separating the MIB to two RFCs.
    We believe that this MIB can be a very good baseline for producing a
single management
    model that supports also VDSL2. However, at this point it too early for
adapting the MIB
    to VDSL2 because the reference standards (e.g., G.993.2, G.997.1) are
not ready.
   We only know that adding VDSL2 certainly requires, beyind changing
several TCs,
   also adding new objects as well as changing (syntax or at least
description) of existing
   objects. E.g.,
    - New objects will be required for the Impulse Noise Protection
configuration
    - We need to add VDSL2 modes to the ATSE (will it still be called
ATSE?)
    - We will introduce the concept of "subcarriers group" (SUBGROUP) in
the SC status table.
    - PSD configuration, TSSI, etc. number of breakpoints will be different
than in ADSL2.
    - The working parameters (Line/Signal Attenuation, SNR Margin) will be
per band rather than per line.
    As changes will affect both MIB and TCs parts we prefer having them in
a single document.

 Best Regards,
 Moti Morgenstern

 ECI Telecom Ltd.
 Broadband Access Division
 Tel.: +972-3-9266258
 Fax: +972-3-9287342
 e-mail: [email-masked]
 www.ecitele.com

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib