Subject: [Adslmib] [Fwd: Re: ADSL Maximum Nominal Transmit PSD]

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:07:57 -0400

Hi Menachem,

I ran into an issue a while ago regarding the values of our enterprise
MIB module's maximum Nominal Transmit PSD.  Today, I asked our
Compliance Engineer, who discovered the issue and gave me some new
values to use, what the issue was.  Below is the discussion.  I wanted
to pass it along to you so you could take it into consideration with
the NGDSL-LINE MIB.

Best Regards,

Clay Sikes

Zhone Technologies, Inc.

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

Re: ADSL Maximum Nominal Transmit PSD

Date:

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:11:48 -0400

From:

Peter Walsh <[email-masked]>

To:

Clay Sikes <[email-masked]>

References:

<[email-masked]>

Clay,

The concern is that this range may compromise the ability of the
equipment to comply with applicable ITU or country specific standards
that limit the equipment's PSD. For example, the Telenor Network
Specification OA 305, limits peak PSD to -59.4 dBm/Hz. As a result of
passband ripple, we have seen certain ADSL2+ implementations that can
not meet the mask limit of -59.4 dB/Hz with a target level of -60
dBm/Hz. Accordingly, we have seen a need to allow for adjustment below
-60 dBm/Hz. The upper limit of -30 dBm/Hz raises concerns that the
equipment's PSD could be set to exceed accepted mask limits as defined
in such ITU-T Recommendations as G.992.5.

Best regards,

Pete Walsh

Clay Sikes wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> This Email is a follow up from our discussion this morning. I may
> forward it to the authors of the IETF Internet Draft for the
> NGDSL-LINE MIB.
>
> In the Paradyne Enterprise MIB module, PDN-ADSL-LINE-EXT-MIB, to
> support maximum nominal transmit PSD, we had the downstream object set
> up to support -60.0 to -40.0 dBm/Hz and the upstream object set up to
> support -60.0 to -38.0 dBm/Hz. A request was made to change the
> downstream object to support -80.0 to -40.0 dBm/Hz and the upstream
> object to support -65.0 to -38.0 dBm/Hz and the Telenor Networks
> Specification OA 305 was cited as a reason for the change.
>
> This morning I showed you the the values for the NGDSL-LINE MIB has
> the downstream and upstream maximum nominal transmit PSD objects set
> up to support -60.0 to -30.0 dBm/Hz. I sounded like you didn't feel
> that satisfy the issue that required us to change our values. Is that
> correct?
>
> Could you communicate in a response to the Email what the issue is?
> What I would like to do is to forward that to the authors of the
> NGDSL-LINE MIB so they can understand why the -60.0 to -30.0 dBm/Hz is
> not sufficient?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Clay

-- Paradyne Mail --

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib