Subject: [Adslmib] Re-Charter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:26:54 +0200

Hello Everyone,

      I discussed the charter with Bert and have made some modifications
accordingly.

      Firstly, the re-charter should come through in January, so work may
begin in January as well.
      Secondly, both the ITU-T and DSL Forum should be informed of our work
- initially in February as work begins and then again in August
as the final draft is reached.

      I have also added the modification suggested by Neal King.

       The revised charter is then as detailed below.

      Are there any strong objections, otherwise Bert will presenting this
wording to the IESG in early January.

==========================================================================

The working group will define a set of managed objects to be used for
management of newer versions of Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) as defined
in ITU-T Recommendation G.997.1 (02/2006).
The MIB defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2, will be
consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will describe the
relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as those
described in other work products of this Working Group, the interfaces
MIB, and the AToM MIB.

The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
in the definition of this MIB.

Jan 2006   Initial WG Internet-Draft covering VDSL2 management objects
Feb 2006   Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum that work on the VDSL2 MIB has
begun.
Jun 2006   Integrate working group changes and produce revised VDSL2 MIB
draft.
Aug 2006   Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum of VDSL2 draft progress.
Sep 2006   Complete WG last call on VDSL2 MIB
Nov 2006   Submit VDSL2 MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard
Dec 2006   Re-charter or close down

==========================================================

Thank you kindly,

Best Regards,
Menachem

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib