Subject: RE: AgentX Log Table

From: "Heintz, Lauren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:02:37 -0600

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Daniele [mailto:[email-masked]]
>
> I don't think the AgentX MIB should define error logging at all.

I personally agree with this.  And at this point I think I am hearing
consensus that a specialized log, error or statistics table should NOT be
added to the AgentX MIB.  At least no one has objected otherwise.

Thanks,
Lauren

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lauren Heintz                 BMC Software, Inc. (Formerly PEER Networks) 
Voice: +1 408 616-3169        Silicon Valley Division 
Fax:   +1 408 616-3339        965 Stewart Drive 
Email: [email-masked]  Sunnyvale, California 94086 USA 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:26:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi - 

> Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:40:09 -0500
> From: Mike Daniele <[email-masked]>
> To: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
> CC: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
>         "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: AgentX Log Table
> References: <[email-masked]>
...
> I don't think the AgentX MIB should define error logging at all.

I agree whole-heartedly with this statement.
The fact that interoperable impementations have been successfully
developed without such a capability is a good indication of how
unnecessary a definition of agentx error logging is.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------