Subject: [alto] Redistribution Framework

From: Richard Alimi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:44:00 -0400

Hi All,

We are looking to get some feedback on the ALTO Information Redistribution 
draft. Note that we have changed the intended status to a BCP.

The goal of the draft is three-fold:
1) Create a framework that illuminates the major considerations for both ALTO
   Service Providers enabling redistribution, and application developers who
   are looking to utilize redistribution.

   Note that the considerations here are distinct from the ones that would be
   discussed in the ALTO Protocol draft -- this draft encompasses
   considerations for naming, searching, and distributing ALTO info between
   ALTO clients, which are outside of the scope of the ALTO Protocol.

2) Illustrate how the framework relates to the functionality for
   redistribution provided in the ALTO Protocol.

3) Presents techniques for enabling redistribution in particular (widely-used)
   types of applications.

In particular, it would be great to get feedback about the draft contents 
itself, such as:

1) Do you think that the framework and considerations encompass other
   redistribution schemes that you can think of?

2) Do you think there are other particular redistribution schemes (that could
   be widely-used) that should explicitly documented?

It would also be great to get feedback on whether you think this document 
would be useful for the WG, and to eventually accompany other items produced 
by the WG.

Thanks!
-- 
Richard Alimi
Department of Computer Science
Yale University