Subject: [alto] #5: Cost Map / Network Map terminology

From: "alto issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:11:56 -0000

#5: Cost Map / Network Map terminology
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  richard.alimi@…         |       Owner:  richard.alimi@…       
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new                   
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:                        
Component:  protocol                |     Version:                        
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:                        
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 draft-ietf-alto-protocol-02 does not make a clear distinction between the
 data structure stored by the ALTO Server (comparable to a Table in
 database terminology) and the information returned by the queries
 (comparable to a View in database terminology). One way to make the
 terminology more specific is to rework the terminology to refer to the raw
 information base as something like "Map Information Base", and the
 responses from the ALTO Server (which may or may not have certain
 selection criteria used in generating the response) as Network Map Views
 or Cost Map Views.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/trac/ticket/5>
alto <http://tools.ietf.org/alto/>