Subject: Re: [alto] #2: Protocol details: version number

From: "alto issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 19:53:21 -0000

#2: Protocol details: version number
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  enrico.marocco@…                 |       Owner:  richard.alimi@…       
     Type:  enhancement                      |      Status:  new                   
 Priority:  major                            |   Milestone:                        
Component:  protocol                         |     Version:                        
 Severity:  Active WG Document               |    Keywords:                        
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Comment(by richard.alimi@…):

 draft-ietf-alto-protocol-02 now includes protocol versioning. The current
 approach to versioning assumes that a distinct host handles a single
 protocol version. (Virtual hosting can be used to allow a single physical
 server to handle multiple protocol versions.) Protocol version numbers are
 echoed in the responses to allow responses to be redistributed to other
 hosts.  The Server Capability allows an ALTO Client to discover ALTO
 Servers providing other protocol versions.  Feedback on this approach is
 welcomed.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/trac/ticket/2#comment:1>
alto <http://tools.ietf.org/alto/>

---

From: "alto issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 00:58:24 -0000

#2: Protocol details: version number
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  enrico.marocco@…                 |       Owner:  richard.alimi@…       
     Type:  enhancement                      |      Status:  assigned              
 Priority:  major                            |   Milestone:                        
Component:  protocol                         |     Version:                        
 Severity:  Active WG Document               |    Keywords:                        
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------
Changes (by richard.alimi@…):

  * status:  new => assigned

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/trac/ticket/2#comment:2>
alto <http://tools.ietf.org/alto/>