Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-reqs-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 02:14:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Requirements
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Martin Stiemerling
                          Richard Woundy
                          Yang Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-reqs-10.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-06-10

   Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
   pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
   several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
   is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
   of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
   guidance to applications, which have to select one or several hosts
   from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
   resource.  This guidance shall be based on parameters that affect
   performance and efficiency of the data transmission between the
   hosts, e.g., the topological distance.  The ultimate goal is to
   improve performance (or Quality of Experience) in the application
   while reducing resource consumption in the underlying network
   infrastructure.

   This document enumerates requirements for specifying, assessing, or
   comparing protocols and implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-reqs-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-reqs-10.txt

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:23:05 +0000

Dear all,

There is an updated version of the ALTO requirements. This version mainly addresses the comments we have received from Ben, but also has some editorial fixes.

The diff from previous version:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-reqs-10

Thanks for the comments
  
 Martin

[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division
NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:i-d-announce-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 11:14 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-reqs-10.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic
> Optimization Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt