Subject: [alto] draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt

From: "Schwan, Nico (Nico)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:21:41 +0100

Folks,

we have just submitted a new version of our draft on incremental updates of ALTO Network and Cost Maps. The draft summarizes ongoing discussions on the different possible options for incremental updates. It is split in three subsections. 

The first part lists options that allow a server to check the cached version of a map a client has. In particular we discuss HTTP built-in options and propose another alternative extending the current ALTO protocol. The second part then discusses options a server has to encode incremental updates, such as JSON Patch. Finally the draft introduces an information resource capability that allows servers to advertise which ALTO services are able to handle partial updates.

Going forward we would like to focus on detailing the groups preferred option for incremental updates. Therefore we are very interested on people's views on the different options.

Any suggestions/comments/pros and cons are highly welcome.

Best regards,

Nico

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Montag, 12. März 2012 12:03
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Incremental Updates
	Author(s)       : Nico Schwan
                          William Roome
	Filename        : draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   bridge the gap between network and applications by provisioning
   network related information.  This allows applications to make
   informed decisions, for example when selecting a target host from a
   set of candidates.

   Therefore an ALTO server provides network and cost maps to its
   clients.  This draft discusses options on how to provide incremental
   updates for these maps, with the goal of reducing the amount of data
   needed for transmitting the maps.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt