Subject: [alto] Protocol extensions for multi-cost information

From: Sabine Randriamasy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:57:31 +0100

Hi all,

We have submitted a new version of the draft "Multi-Cost ALTO", where 
the first part includes use cases motivating the introduction of 
additional cost types, the usage of of multiple costs to select 
endpoints and their simultaneous usage in a single transaction. New ALTO 
use cases brought in draft-marocco-alto-next-00 are taken into account.

The second part lists and specifies the required & recommended 
extensions of the base ALTO protocol to support multi-cost transactions 
and specified the proposed Multi-Cost Services for the Cost Map end 
Endpoint Cost services. This part however is based in the previous 
version (10) of the ALTO protocol. So that this draft and the previous 
one (05) present 2 options are possible for the specs, with light 
changes depending on the outcomes of the WG discussions in ALTO and i2aex.

We now seek your opinion on the principle of specifying Alto protocol 
extensions to enable Multi-Cost transactions and get this document 
adopted as a WG doc. To this end we present additional use cases that 
motivate the need to do this. The mechanics will be further specified 
and based on versions 05/06.

Thanks,
Sabine

--