Subject: [alto] Consideration for ALTO topology extensions drafts

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:31:08 -0500

Folks: At the Dallas IETF meeting, Richard Yang presented the ALTO 
topology extensions [1,2].

These are important drafts for the WG to consider; the balance of
comments at the mic in Dallas reflected support for these drafts.
The drafts fulfill an important WG charter item.

While we did not take a hum to adopt these drafts in the Dallas IETF,
we did take a hum that indicated the importance of these drafts to
the WG.  The drafts provide a good path towards technical answers on
providing abstract graph representations of network topology and a new
improved path-vector cost mode for high bandwidth applications.

Absent any other solutions in front of the WG, the expectation is that
these drafts will be adopted sometimes in the near future.  This email
serves as a reminder to the WG to kindly review these drafts and
provide comments to the authors on the contents between now and the
next face-to-face meeting in the summer.

[1] http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-alto-path-vector/
[2] http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-alto-topology/

Thank you,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq