Subject: [alto] A virtual session at IETF 100?

From: Qiao Xiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 17:03:18 -0400

Hi Jan, Vijay and all WG members,

I received an email from IETF saying we will not hold a session at IETF
100. Am I to correct to presume this means no f2f meeting at IETF 100, but
not for a virtual meeting?

I am asking this because I recall that by the end of the ALTO session at
IETF 99 we agree that we would have a virtual meeting at IETF 100. I am
wondering do we have a tentative schedule on organizing this virtual
session? If there is anything that requires the efforts from the WG member,
I would be glad to help out.

And the following are some quick updates from the drafts I am contributing
to:

(1) For draft-xiang-alto-exascale-network-optimization-03 and
draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-06, we are making good progress on
the system design and implementation. We recently submitted a paper to the
INDIS workshop, and will do a full demonstration of multi-domain resource
orchestration at SuperComputing 2017 in Denver. We will update these two
drafts to report our latest design details in a couple of weeks.

(2) For draft-gao-alto-fcs-03, Jensen, Kai and I have been discussing on
how to address the remaining design challenges. We haven't reached any
design decisions yet, but will do that by the end of October.

Best
Qiao
-- 
Qiao Xiang
Postdoctoral Fellow,
Department of Computer Science,
Yale University

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:16:57 -0500

Qiao, a virtual meeting is not tied to a physical one.  We can schedule
a virtual meeting anytime that the group agrees on, and we use
Meetecho/WebEx to hold the virtual meeting from the comfort of our homes
and offices.

So, yes, we are not holding a physical meeting at IETF 100.

Jan and I will circle back to the mailing list with a poll for if and
when to hold a virtual meeting.

Thanks,

On 09/20/2017 04:03 PM, Qiao Xiang wrote:
> 100. Am I to correct to presume this means no f2f meeting at IETF 100,
> but not for a virtual meeting?
> 
> session? If there is anything that requires the efforts from the WG
> member, I would be glad to help out.
> 
> And the following are some quick updates from the drafts I am
> contributing to:
> 
> draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-06, we are making good progress
> on the system design and implementation. We recently submitted a paper
> to the INDIS workshop, and will do a full demonstration of multi-domain
> resource orchestration at SuperComputing 2017 in Denver. We will update
> these two drafts to report our latest design details in a couple of weeks.
> 

-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani / [email-masked]
Network Data Science, Nokia Networks
Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq