Subject: [alto] Fwd: [IRTF-Announce] IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:18:09 -0400

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 3:12 PM
Subject: [IRTF-Announce] IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

The IESG and the IRTF Chair have decided to cancel the in-person IETF 107
Vancouver meeting. This decision is based on input we gathered from Working
Group (WG) and Research Group (RG) chairs about our ability to hold
productive WG and RG sessions at IETF 107. Our assessment of this feedback
is that a majority of sessions would not be viable if we were to hold the
in-person IETF meeting. On this basis, we believe we cannot hold an
effective in-person meeting.

As a result of this cancellation, the in-person Hackathon, Code Sprint, all
other in-person events planned for the weekend of March 21-22, the chairs
training scheduled for March 20, and all other in-person sessions during
the week are cancelled.

The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week of
March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the time zones
of as many participants as possible. We are also planning to support an
increased volume of virtual interim meetings during the weeks that follow.
We will send another update to the community soon with more information
about these plans. The Hackathon organizers are also considering plans for
virtual Hackathon support.

We have re-opened Internet-Draft submissions, which had been closed on
March 9 in anticipation of the in-person meeting. Internet-Drafts may be
submitted at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/>.

A separate announcement from the IETF Executive Director will follow with
details about registration cancellations and refunds.

These are unusual times given the circumstances created by the spread of
COVID-19.  We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.

Regards,
The IESG and the IRTF Chair

-- 
-- 
 =====================================
| Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]>   |
| Professor of Computer Science       |
| http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/        |
 =====================================