Subject: [alto] ALTO Meeting Info for Jul. 08, 2020

From: Danny Alex Lachos Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 18:02:22 -0300

Dear all,

Just a friendly reminder that we will have our weekly meeting this
Wednesday (*Jul-08*) at *9:00 am US ET*.

Agenda*:

   - WG documents status
   - Progress on topics related to WG rechartering
   - NAI Workshop

*If people have other agenda items, please feel free to post.

Bridge link: https://yale.zoom.us/my/yryang

Best regards,

Danny Lachos

---

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 00:01:49 -0400

Hi all,

One very helpful feedback that we received is to provide an update to the
WG on each weekly meeting, and here it is for today.

- The team went over the 3 WG documents (UP, PV, and metrics) and confirmed
that they will be submitted before the cut-off on Monday.

- The team then spent around 30 min to go over some meeting summaries
between Richard and those of the functional networking, which is being
prepared as an item for the recharter. The functional networking (FN) work
is making excellent progress, and a demo of the prototype was shown. In
particular, the framework includes a resource layer and a functions layer.
The team discussed the nice matching of the design with that of the CDNi WG
document. Examples of functions/services include voice recognition, image
detection, .... Luis would be available to meet with the FN team on Friday
or next early week.

- The team then spent about an hour on the SIGCOMM'20 Network Application
Integration/CoDesign paper by Sabine, Luis and Kai, which allows a
high-level description of tasks and then provides an automatic translation
from high level tasks to low-level APIs including ALTO. The team can share
the paper with the WG by early next week when it is finished.

Cheers,
Richard

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 2:02 PM Danny Alex Lachos Perez <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "alto-weekly-meeting" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email-masked].
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alto-weekly-meeting/CAEDarXKw37rCx5EmdcfKwR49u2yQ0uRHRdPHQV4C-Ngkrb6y7A%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alto-weekly-meeting/CAEDarXKw37rCx5EmdcfKwR49u2yQ0uRHRdPHQV4C-Ngkrb6y7A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

---

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 10:08:26 -0500

All: Based on the status that Richard sent out of the three drafts (unified
properties, path vector, performance metrics), I will request the authors
to indicate to the WG whether these drafts are ready for WGLC when the new
versions appear in the IETF archives.

Assuming that they are, Jan and I will like to start identifying potential
WGLC reviewers for these drafts.  Please send Jan and me an email on
whether you will be interested in an in-depth WGLC, and if so, for which
particular draft(s).

Thanks,

- vijay

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 11:02 PM Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> - The team went over the 3 WG documents (UP, PV, and metrics) and
> confirmed that they will be submitted before the cut-off on Monday.
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 2:02 PM Danny Alex Lachos Perez <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto
>