Subject: [alto] ALTO Weekly Meeting Info for Aug. 19, 2020

From: Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:38:06 -0400

Dear ALTOers,

We will resume our weekly meeting this Wednesday (*Aug-19*) from *9:00 am *-*
10:00 am US ET*.

For tomorrow, the initial agenda will be:

   - Very quick update about remaining WG documents status
   - Planning for WG recharting and potential interim meeting
   - Open discussion slot (TBD)*

We will use the normal bridge link: https://yale.zoom.us/my/yryang

* So far, the agenda is still open. We highly encourage people to propose
more agenda items.

Besides the meeting reminder, I do want to give another two updates:

Most of you may know that we just successfully held the SIGCOMM NAI
workshop [1] last Friday. And there were quite a lot of interesting
discussions coming from the workshop. For those who were not able to attend
the full sessions, the video recording of the workshop meeting will be
public soon.

We are also connecting with GNA-G [2] DIS (Data-Intensive Science) WG to
see the opportunity of standardizing potential ALTO extensions on the DIS
setting. There is another weekly meeting for GNA-G DIS WG. So far, the
schedule is not regular. But if people are interested, please feel free to
contact me.

[1] https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2020/workshop-nai.html
[2] https://www.gna-g.net/about-us/

Talk to you tomorrow.

Best regards,
Jensen