Subject: [alto] Skip tomorrow's meeting (Aug. 12, 2020)

From: Danny Alex Lachos Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:50:58 -0300

Hello all,

Given that is the SIGCOMM'20 week and many of the ALTOers are attending it,
let’s skip the weekly meeting tomorrow.

Last, for those who are interested, the SIGCOMM'20 Network-Application
Integration/CoDesign (NAI) Workshop will take place on Friday (Aug. 14,
2020, US East Coast Time).
More information:
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2020/workshop-nai.html

Best regards,

Danny Lachos

---

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:06:22 -0400

Thanks, Danny!

For the SIGCOMM'20 NAI:
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/96660434613
Passcode: 644241
Agenda: please see below.

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Richard

=========================================
SIGCOMM'20 Network-Application Integration/CoDesign (NAI) Workshop
Agenda
August 14, 2020, US East Coast Time

10:00-10:10 Opening Remark, Co-chairs

10:10-10:40 Invited Talk: Domain Science Applications and the Role of
            Networking, Deep Medhi (US NSF)

10:40-11:20 Invited Talk: No Queuing and "Reverse CDN" for NAI, Bruce
Maggs (Duke/Akamai)

11:20-12:30 Session I: NAI Frameworks

            Toward Deep Network & Application Integration: Possibilities,
            Challenges and Research Directions, by Danny Alex lachos Perez
            (University of Campinas (UNICAMP)), Qiao Xiang (Yale
University),
            Christian Esteve Rothenberg (University of Campinas), Sabine
            Randriamasy (Nokia Bell Labs), Luis Miguel Contreras Murillo
            (Telefonica) and Börje Ohlman (Ericsson)

            Dawn: Co-programming Distributed Applications with Network
Control, by
            Shuhe Wang (Tsinghua University), Dong Guo (Tongji University),
            Wei Jiang (Wuhan University), Haizhou Du (Tongji University) and
            Mingwei Xu (Tsinghua University)

            Semantically Aware, Mission-Oriented (SAMO) Networks – A
Framework for
            Application/Network Integration, by Timothy J. Salo (University
            of Minnesota) and Zhi-Li Zhang (University of Minnesota)

12:30-12:50 Break

12:50-13:30 Invited Talk: Edge and 5G for NAI, Albert Greenberg
(Microsoft)

13:30-15:00 Session II: Network to Application Exposure & Adaptive
Applications

            MoWIE: Toward Systematic, Adaptive Network Information Exposure
as an
            Enabling Technique for Cloud-Based Applications over 5G and
Beyond
            (Invited Paper), by Yunfei Zhang (Tencent),
            Chunshan Xiong (Tencent), Yixue Lei (Tencent), Wei Huang
(Tencent),
            Yunbo Han (Tencent), Gang Li (China Mobile),
            Anwar Walid (Nokia Bell Labs), Richard Yang (Yale University)
and
            Zhi-li Zhang (University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities)

            Federated Adaptive Bitrate Live Streaming over Locality
Sensitive
            Playback Coalitions, by Abhijit Mondal (Indian Institute of
            Technology, Kharagpur) and Sandip Chakraborty (Indian Institute
            of Technology,

            Trading Latency for Compute in the Network, by Pietro Bressana
           (Universitá della Svizzera italiana), Noa Zilberman (University
            of Oxford),  Dejan Vucinic (Western Digital Research) and
            Robert Soulé (Yale University)

            Trading Cold Start in Serverless Computing with Container
Runtime
            Reusing, by Kun Suo (Kennesaw State University), Yong Shi
            (Kennesaw State University), Xiaohua Xu (Kennesaw State
University),
            Dazhao Cheng (University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
            and Wei Chen (Nvidia Corporation)

15:00-16:25 Session III: Application to Network Signaling

            Bi-directional Network and Application Interaction: Application
            Intents upon Abstracted Network Information (Invited Paper), by
            Kai Gao (Sichuan University), Luis Miguel Contreras Murillo
            (Telefonica), and Sabine Randriamasy (Nokia Bell Labs)

            NetworkAPI: An In-band Signalling Application-aware Traffic
Engineering
            using SRv6 and IP anycast, by Takuya Miyasaka (KDDI Research,
Inc.),
            Yuichiro Hei (KDDI Research, Inc.) and Takeshi Kitahara
            (KDDI Research, Inc.)

            Network Tokens (Invited Talk), by Yiannis Yiakoumis (Selfie
Networks)

            ETCNet: Encrypted Traffic Classification using Siamese
Convolutional
            Networks, Lu Xu (New York University), Daihui Dou
            (New York University) and H. Jonathan Chao (New York University)

16:25-16:30 Closing Remark, Co-chairs

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 1:51 PM Danny Alex Lachos Perez <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Given that is the SIGCOMM'20 week and many of the ALTOers are attending
> it, let’s skip the weekly meeting tomorrow.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "alto-weekly-meeting" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email-masked].
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alto-weekly-meeting/CAEDarXJLyWovPg7zxqZnUiJ%2BUJcdbF8Xx8Q7kY7nBgJmkwpaKg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alto-weekly-meeting/CAEDarXJLyWovPg7zxqZnUiJ%2BUJcdbF8Xx8Q7kY7nBgJmkwpaKg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>