Subject: [alto] Status of alto-unified-props: Not encouraging?

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 09:59:02 -0500

All: The unified-properties draft is now done with its WGLC.  (In fact, it
is well past done.  WGLC ended on Aug 7, 2020 [0].)

I will be shepherding this draft, however, I see a problem with it.

I note that the draft only received one WGLC review , and this was from
Danny [1].  My understanding from list discussion [2] is that Luis was to
provide a second review, but I do not see the second WGLC review.  If I am
mistaken, please let me know and I will apologize profusely.  In the event
that there has not been a second WGLC review ...

If a second review is provided, please be advised that the draft will not
move ahead.  Since other drafts have a dependency on this draft, a lack of
movement of unified-properties implies that progress of dependent drafts
stops as well.

I will kindly request Luis to provide a WGLC no later than Oct 09, two
weeks from now.  If other list members want to review the draft in addition
to Luis, please let Jan and me know.  We do need one more quality review
for unified-properties to move ahead.  If a second review is not provided
by Oct 09, the chairs will take this as advice that the work is no longer
important to the WG, and the WG will have to decide on the fate of
dependent documents.

@Authors: It looks like Danny's comments have not yet been incorporated in
a new revision.  Danny reviewed version -12 and that appears to be the
latest version in the IETF archives.  Please notify the WG on your plans to
update the draft based on Danny's comments.

[0] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/jhPmZR4UKpiIwA_tC2s9b9YZ8Mk/
[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/YVaCXE7IgXOqWpq-17GV-gbiYwo/
[2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/b0xwfQUVnYp_o58tJO32MF9p42I/

Thanks,

- vijay

---

From: "Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 15:28:03 +0000

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the reminder. A new version 13 is under edition and addresses the review of Danny. It will also address the second review comments once they will be available.

Thanks,
Sabine

From: alto <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Vijay Gurbani
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 4:59 PM
To: IETF ALTO <[email-masked]>
Subject: [alto] Status of alto-unified-props: Not encouraging?

All: The unified-properties draft is now done with its WGLC.  (In fact, it is well past done.  WGLC ended on Aug 7, 2020 [0].)

I note that the draft only received one WGLC review , and this was from Danny [1].  My understanding from list discussion [2] is that Luis was to provide a second review, but I do not see the second WGLC review.  If I am mistaken, please let me know and I will apologize profusely.  In the event that there has not been a second WGLC review ...

If a second review is provided, please be advised that the draft will not move ahead.  Since other drafts have a dependency on this draft, a lack of movement of unified-properties implies that progress of dependent drafts stops as well.

I will kindly request Luis to provide a WGLC no later than Oct 09, two weeks from now.  If other list members want to review the draft in addition to Luis, please let Jan and me know.  We do need one more quality review for unified-properties to move ahead.  If a second review is not provided by Oct 09, the chairs will take this as advice that the work is no longer important to the WG, and the WG will have to decide on the fate of dependent documents.

@Authors: It looks like Danny's comments have not yet been incorporated in a new revision.  Danny reviewed version -12 and that appears to be the latest version in the IETF archives.  Please notify the WG on your plans to update the draft based on Danny's comments.

Thanks,

- vijay

---

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 11:51:06 -0500

Dear Sabine: Thank you for your note.  I think it is very important that
the WG participates in the reviews to finish this piece of work.  Absent
such robust participation, I am at a loss on how we can progress this work.

I will really like an identified reviewer (if not Luis) to let the chairs
know so we can help facilitate the work.

Thank you.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:28 AM Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia -
FR/Paris-Saclay) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
>
>
>
> Thank you for the reminder. A new version 13 is under edition and
> addresses the review of Danny. It will also address the second review
> comments once they will be available.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sabine
>
>
>
> *From:* alto <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Vijay Gurbani
> *Sent:* Friday, September 25, 2020 4:59 PM
> *To:* IETF ALTO <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* [alto] Status of alto-unified-props: Not encouraging?
>
>
>
> [0]
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/jhPmZR4UKpiIwA_tC2s9b9YZ8Mk/
> [1]
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/YVaCXE7IgXOqWpq-17GV-gbiYwo/
> [2]
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/b0xwfQUVnYp_o58tJO32MF9p42I/
>
> Thanks,
>
> - vijay
>