Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 21:41:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Path Vector
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Young Lee
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Yang Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2021-08-25

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO Cost Map service
   and ALTO Property Map service so that the application can decide
   which endpoint(s) to connect based on not only numerical/ordinal cost
   values but also details of the paths.  This is useful for
   applications whose performance is impacted by specified components of
   a network on the end-to-end paths, e.g., they may infer that several
   paths share common links and prevent traffic bottlenecks by avoiding
   such paths.  This extension introduces a new abstraction called
   Abstract Network Element (ANE) to represent these components and
   encodes a network path as a vector of ANEs.  Thus, it provides a more
   complete but still abstract graph representation of the underlying
   network(s) for informed traffic optimization among endpoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/