Subject: [alto] Last Call: <draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-16.txt> (Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Request Routing: CDNI Footprint and Capabilities Advertisement using ALTO) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 08:07:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization WG (alto) to consider the following document: - 'Content
Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Request Routing: CDNI
   Footprint and Capabilities Advertisement using ALTO'
  <draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-08-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Content Delivery Networks Interconnection (CDNI) framework
   defines a set of protocols to interconnect CDNs, to achieve multiple
   goals such as extending the reach of a given CDN to areas that are
   not covered by that particular CDN.  One component that is needed to
   achieve the goal of CDNI described in CDNI framework is the CDNI
   Request Routing Footprint & Capabilities Advertisement interface
   (FCI).  RFC 8008 defines precisely the semantics of FCI and provides
   guidelines on the FCI protocol, but the exact protocol is explicitly
   outside the scope of that document.  This document defines an FCI
   protocol using the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)
   protocol, following the guidelines defined in RFC 8008.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.