Subject: [alto] NAI@SIGCOMM'21 (Monday, Aug. 23)

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 21:48:52 -0400

Dear ALTOers,

We want to kindly invite you to attend NAI'21 tomorrow (Monday, Aug. 23) at
SIGCOMM'21, because we feel that the program is highly relevant and your
participation and engagement can be very valuable..

Some *highlights*:
- Keynote (10:10-10:50 AM EDT):
  *Title: “Dynamic Network Adaptation (DNA)”*
  Keynote Speaker: *Jonathan Smith (Olga and Alberico Pompa Professor,
UPenn/DARPA Program Manager)*

- Keynote (12:30-13:15)
  Title: *Application-Defined Networking*
  Keynote Speaker: *Amin Vahdat* (Engineering Fellow and Vice President of
Systems Infrastructure)

- Panel (15:50-16:55)
  Richard Alimi (Google)
  Yixue Lei (Tencent)
  Håkon Lonsethagen (Telenor)
  Qin Wu (Huawei)
  Zhi-Li Zhang (Univ. of Minnesota)

Panel questions:
Q1. Can you describe one key NAI, broadly defined (i.e., network-aware
applications, application-aware networking, or both), project that you are
involved in or consider to be important (which can be by others)?
Q2. In your opinion, what are the most important one or two trends and
opportunities, in either industry development or academic research, in
application-aware networking (AAN)? For each trend or opportunity, what are
the key challenges to be addressed for it to be successful?
Q3. In your opinion, what are the most important trends and opportunities,
in either industry development or academic research, in network-aware
applications (NAA)? For each trend or opportunity, what are the key
challenges to be addressed for it to be successful?
Q4. Do you see the integration of AAN and NAA, or they should/will develop
independently?

Participation details:
- Time: Monday, August 23, 2021, 15:50 pm-17:00 EDT
- *Zoom link*:
https://zoom.us/j/95681536728?pwd=N2NwNjdWRWJCZ2RrMzI3N1hvYlRYdz09
- Complete program
  https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2021/workshop-nai.html

We look forward to seeing many of you.

Richard

-- 
-- 
 =====================================
| Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]>   |
| Professor of Computer Science       |
| http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/        |
 =====================================