Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-23.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 08:59:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An ALTO Extension: Path Vector
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Young Lee
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Yang Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-23.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2022-03-05

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO Cost Map and ALTO
   Property Map services so that an application can decide which
   endpoint(s) to connect based on not only numerical/ordinal cost
   values but also fine-grained abstract information of the paths.  This
   is useful for applications whose performance is impacted by specified
   components of a network on the end-to-end paths, e.g., they may infer
   that several paths share common links and prevent traffic bottlenecks
   by avoiding such paths.  This extension introduces a new abstraction
   called Abstract Network Element (ANE) to represent these components
   and encodes a network path as a vector of ANEs.  Thus, it provides a
   more complete but still abstract graph representation of the
   underlying network(s) for informed traffic optimization among
   endpoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-23.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-23

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts