Subject: [alto] Asking for feedback on a proposal for draft-xing-alto-sdn-controller-aware-mptcp-mpquic-01

From: Ziyang Xing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 22:10:18 +0800

Dear group,

I hope this mail finds all the members well.

The document draft-xing-alto-sdn-controller-aware-mptcp-mpquic-01 (its full
name: The SDN-based MPTCP-aware and MPQUIC-aware Transmission Control Model
using ALTO, and its html link:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-xing-alto-sdn-controller-aware-mptcp-mpquic-01.html).
This document aims to study and implement MPTCP (MultiPath Transmission
Control Protocol) and MPQUIC (MultiPath Quick UDP Internet Connection) for
software-defined networking. In an software-defined network, ALTO
(application layer traffic optimization) server collects network cost
indicators (including link delay, availability, network traffic, bandwidth,
etc.) and the controller extract MPTCP or MPQUIC packet header and allocate
MPTCP or MPQUIC packet to suitable transmission path according to the
obtained network state, reducing the probability of transmission path
congestion and improving path utilization.

The intended final research value proposition of the draft is the
formalization of a comprehensive architecture supporting recent advances on
overall management procedures. While I think this fits on the purpose of
ALTO, I would like to collect feedback from the group about if this
approach makes sense for the group.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ziynag Xing

April 12th, 2022