Subject: [Anima] Significant nits in draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-41

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 13:44:39 +1200

Hi,

Again thanks to Michael Richardson, here are some important nits in the GRASP examples in the BRSKI draft. The CDDL syntax is correct, but the examples need to be corrected as below. The errors are in nesting levels within the flood message, just two pairs of missing [].

I believe these can be corrected editorially, but the authors and shepherd need to take action, since the draft is in the RFC Editor queue.

In Figure 11:

OLD:

   [M_FLOOD, 12340815, h'fe800000000000000000000000000001', 180000,
               ["AN_Proxy", 4, 1, ""],
               [O_IPv6_LOCATOR,
                 h'fe800000000000000000000000000001', IPPROTO_TCP, 4443]]

In Figure 12:

NEW:

   [M_FLOOD, 12340815, h'fe800000000000000000000000000001', 180000,
              [["AN_Proxy", 4, 1, ""],
               [O_IPv6_LOCATOR,
                 h'fe800000000000000000000000000001', IPPROTO_TCP, 4443]]]

In Figure 12:

OLD:

   [M_FLOOD, 12340815, h'fda379a6f6ee00000200000064000001', 180000,
               ["AN_join_registrar", 4, 255, "EST-TLS"],
               [O_IPv6_LOCATOR,
                 h'fda379a6f6ee00000200000064000001', IPPROTO_TCP, 8443]]
        ]

NEW:

   [M_FLOOD, 12340815, h'fda379a6f6ee00000200000064000001', 180000,
              [["AN_join_registrar", 4, 255, "EST-TLS"],
               [O_IPv6_LOCATOR,
                 h'fda379a6f6ee00000200000064000001', IPPROTO_TCP, 8443]]
        ]

Regards
   Brian