Subject: [Anima] draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:03:01 +0100

The IESG approval of this I-D caused me to look again at it:-(

I note that part of the formal specification is in CDDL and while other 
DDL - ASN.1, SMI, YANG - are bracketed with CODE BEGINS CODE ENDS - the 
CDDL  is not. I suspect that it should be - perhaps a note to the RFC 
Editor is called for.

In the Security Considerations I encounter MTIM which I suspect should 
be MITM (and which needs expanding on first use in s.5).

In the YANG module, I see two references in square brackets which 
suggests that they are in XML/HTML and not plain text whereas there is a 
requirement for YANG modules to be in plain text so that they can be 
extracted from the RFC.

Tom Petch

On 03/01/2020 18:34, Michael Richardson wrote:

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 13:22:47 +0200

Hi,

IMHO:

> On 14 Apr 2020, at 12:03, tom petch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I note that part of the formal specification is in CDDL and while other DDL - ASN.1, SMI, YANG - are bracketed with CODE BEGINS CODE ENDS - the CDDL  is not. I suspect that it should be - perhaps a note to the RFC Editor is called for.

Yes.

> 
> In the Security Considerations I encounter MTIM which I suspect should be MITM (and which needs expanding on first use in s.5).
> 

Editorial.

> In the YANG module, I see two references in square brackets which suggests that they are in XML/HTML and not plain text whereas there is a requirement for YANG modules to be in plain text so that they can be extracted from the RFC.

Editorial.

Thanks for looking!

Eliot