Subject: [Anima] plans for draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 14:33:03 -0400

Hi, I'm finally watching the IETF108 ANIMA WG recording.

WG Documents slide asks about draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher.
As I said in email to the chairs, I was in secdispatch for the first half of
the meeting with idevid-considerations, so I didn't speak up.

1) draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher has suffered for lack of love for a
   few months.  Primarily this is due to BRSKI taking all my time, and my
   primary co-author, Peter, looking for work.
   It was never going to progress faster than BRSKI anyway.

2) The example COSE signed CBOR format vouchers in the document were *NOT*
   validated by others, and so I needed to revise them.
   I have, as of a week ago, started to again figure out what is going on
   with that, and I expect to update the document in the next week or so.

3) There is also draft-vanderstok-anima-constrained-join-proxy, btw,
   which I need to update.

As for *merging*.
I never exactly suggested that.
What I suggested was that brski-async-enroll might wish to dispense with CMS-sign-JSON,
and just use COSE-signed-CBOR, over CoAP.

The reason for doing this is because if the process will be driven by a proxy-registrar
(maybe not the correct term: the commissioning device), then it might well
want to be able to do a CoAP multicast resource discovery in order to find
all the devices which are available.

If some devices might be commissioned via BTLE or NFC, then using the smaller
protocols over that might also make a lot of sense.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Esko Dijk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:45:40 +0000

Hi all,

I can also contribute to the constrained-voucher draft.  I can for example propose text for some of the issues (https://github.com/anima-wg/constrained-voucher/issues) and use the Github pull requests for these contributions?

Best regards
Esko

IoTconsultancy.nl  |  Email/Teams: [email-masked] 

-----Original Message-----
From: Anima <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Michael Richardson
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2020 20:33
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Anima] plans for draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher

As for *merging*.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 20:13:53 -0400

Esko Dijk <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > I can also contribute to the constrained-voucher draft.  I can for
    > example propose text for some of the issues
    > (https://github.com/anima-wg/constrained-voucher/issues) and use the
    > Github pull requests for these contributions?

Yes, so I sent a doodle poll at:
  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/anima/HVTfaf9FcwfA0j4U4NqLMYsiQYU/

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-