Subject: [Asrg] point of information...

From: Barry Shein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:59:31 -0400 (EDT)

Just interesting, to me anyhow, maybe you've run across this.

The topic of flat-rating of long-distance telephony came up.

As fate would have it, today I read a complaint by someone who claims
he's plagued several times per week by a certain telemarketer and they
won't stop even though he's called them and even written them trying
to be removed.

His take is that the calls are coming from India (his assertion),
telemarketing goes outsource, and thus they're immune or at least
highly resistant to things like do not call lists.

Swell, flat-rate (or at least very cheap) telephony meets cheap,
``off-shore'' outsourcing external to US regulations.

If this is a trend as I fear it might be (why not?) I suppose we can
soon expect our phones to be ringing off the hook 7x24, why bother
with niceties like reasonable calling hours when you can fish the pond
for suckers willing to place an order RIGHT NOW for herbal viagra or
getting a star named after each of their kids?

As I said, just a point of information, but we should be careful what
we use as illustrative examples.

-- 
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | [email-masked]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 617-739-0202        | Login: 617-739-WRLD
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg