Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - Subgroups update

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:58:51 -0500

There are currently two active subgroups in the ASRG: SMTP-VERIFY and 
FILTERING. The others have not yet gathered a critical mass of 
participants. Anyone who wants to join any subgroup should contact the 
ASRG chairs <[email-masked]>.

The SMTP Session Verification subgroup (SMTP-VERIFY) after the MARID BOF 
has been focusing on the issues of trust, reputation and accreditation 
with an eye towards possible models, protocols and formats for 
exchanging trust information between different parties. More information 
can be found at their webpage 
(http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/smtp_verify.shtml).

LMAP discussions have been moved from the SMTP-VERIFY subgroup to the 
MARID list (http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/). The IETF folks have 
proposed that the the LMAP discussion document and associated proposals 
be published as RFCs, we are waiting for a formal IESG request on that.

The Filtering standards subgroup (FILTERING) has been discussing the 
issues of MTA/MUA communications among filters such as feedback from the 
MUA to train an MTA-based filter, and ability for an MTA-based filter to 
tell the MUA later that prior messages were spam. Currently discussion 
has focused on requirements for a standard filtering header. More 
information can be found on their webpage 
(http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/filtering.shtml) and wiki 
(http://www.shaftek.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Filtering_Standards).

There are still a bunch of subgroups that are dormant and can use some 
participants. A list of them can be found at the ASRG homepage 
(http://asrg.sp.am/about/subgroups.shtml).

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg