Subject: [Asrg] IDDB: Companion Domains Database to IADB (and IADB Update)

From: "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:24:08 -0700

All,

We have not yet announced, but have made available, the IDDB - ISIPP 
Domains Database.  This is a companion database to IDDB, and allows 
queriers to do a query by domain name;  if the domain name is listed, 
it will return a list of IP addresses from which the domain is properly 
allowed to mail, along with the listee's IADB registration number for 
cross reference.  Obviously, the resulting IP addresses can than be 
plugged into an IADB query to get the IADB data about the sender's 
status, opt-in policies, etc..

This is _not_ intended as a replacement for SPF, MS Caller ID for 
Email, Domain Keys, etc..  Rather it is simply a companion database to 
IADB, which we are offering at the request of both senders and 
receivers who wanted this ability.

IADB is also growing, now offering additional information (the newest 
is the data code which means "the only email which comes from this IP 
address is mailing list email, and that mailing list email is entirely 
confirmed (double) opt-in"), and providing such information to ISPs, 
spam filters, and other queriers for more than 325million pieces of 
email per month.  The full list if current information provided by an 
IADB lookup is at http://www.isipp.com/iadbquery.php

Querying IDDB, as with IADB, is free (and always will be), and can be 
done by filling out a short form at 
http://www.isipp.com/iadb_query_sign_up.php   We hope that you will get 
good use out of IDDB as well as IADB, and I want to thank those of you 
already supporting it.

Anne

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg