Subject: Future of the Atom Features Draft

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:50:27 -0700

The Atom Features Draft has expired.  There was some interest expressed
in having it moved forward but there was no solid consensus formed
around the approach.  At this point, I don't really have the time or
need to move it forward (the original need for which it was developed
has evolved).  If anyone else feels that it is an important thing to
move forward, I will gladly hand over the xml of the source doc and will
offer input however I can.

- James

---

From: Jan Algermissen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:22:55 +0200

James,

will your evolved use case eventually lead to a public  (draft) APP  
extension that overlaps with what the features draft expresses?

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen
INTAKI . http://www.intaki.com/

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:00:35 -0700

Right now, no.  I'm basically punting the features stuff completely. 
If/when something is standardized, I'll revisit.  I just no longer have 
enough of an immediate need for it to justify the time and effort to 
work on it myself.

- James