Subject: test cases? accessible client readers?

From: Pete Brunet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:51:53 -0500

Has anyone developed a set of test cases for atom feeds?  If they existed 
I could evaluate them at least from a web based reader because I know 
Firefox has good accessibility support and I am in contact with their 
accessibility team.  Are there any client readers that are have good 
accessibility?

Pete Brunet
                                                                          
IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G

---

From: Pete Brunet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:44:46 -0500

Thanks Franklin,  I should have been more clear - by client reader I meant 
non-browser.  For the browser I'd use FF2 or FF3 since I have good 
connections to the FF a11y community.  I suppose for evaluating atom it 
doesn't really matter if I use a web or non-web based reader.  So I guess 
all I need is a set of feeds that have been developed to test the 
implementation of all the atom features.

Pete Brunet

"Franklin Tse" <[email-masked]> 
05/30/2008 11:23 AM

To
Pete Brunet/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"atom-syntax" <[email-masked]>
Subject
Re: test cases?  accessible client readers?

I don't have any test cases. However, regarding client readers' 
accessibility, I think that the feed reading view of IE 7 or later may 
have good accessibility support. It should be worth testing.

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Pete Brunet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 30 May, 2008 23:51
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: test cases?  accessible client readers?

---

From: "Franklin Tse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 00:23:51 +0800

I don't have any test cases. However, regarding client readers' accessibility, I think that the feed reading view of IE 7 or later may have good accessibility support. It should be worth testing.

---

From: Rad Geek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:12:39 -0700

Pete Brunet wrote:

| Thanks Franklin,  I should have been more clear - by client reader I
| meant non-browser.  For the browser I'd use FF2 or FF3 since I have good
| connections to the FF a11y community.  I suppose for evaluating atom it
| doesn't really matter if I use a web or non-web based reader.  So I
| guess all I need is a set of feeds that have been developed to test the
| implementation of all the atom features.

Pete,

There is a suite of test cases accompanying Sam Ruby, Mark Pilgrim,
Joseph Walton, and Phil Ringnalda's Feed Validator:

<http://feedvalidator.org/testcases/>

HTH,
- -C