Subject: Full validation of Atom feeds containing extensions

From: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 07:52:05 +0900

Dear colleagues,

I wrote a note about full validation of Atom feeds containing extensions 
such as OpenSearch and Google Calendard.  Hisashi Miyashita, my
co-author, implemented an NVDL validator for such validaiton.

	Abstract

	The RELAX NG schema in RFC 4287 (The Atom Syndication Format)
	does not provide full validation of Atom feeds containing
	extensions. Rather, this schema skips extension elements and
	attributes, even when extension elements further contain Atom
	feeds or entries. This document shows that ISO/IEC 19757-4
	Namespace-based Validation Dispatching Language (NVDL for short)
	allows full validation of atom feeds containing extensions. NVDL
	decomposes atom feeds containing extensions into (1)
	extension-free atom and (2) extensions so that (1) and (2) are
	validated separately. As an example, an NVDL script for Google
	Calendar is presented. This NVDL script reveals validation
	errors of atom entries embedded in Google Calendar extension
	elements.

This note is available at:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eb2m-mrt/atomextensions/atomextensions.html

The validator is available at:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eb2m-mrt/nvdl/SnRNV-1.0.zip

Cheers,

-- 
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <[email-masked]>