Subject: rfc 5005 implemention/deployment?

From: Zhiwu Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:52:07 -0400

Hi list,

Wonder if you know any feed paging/archiving implementation and 
deployment out there? Mark Nottingham mentioned a while ago that 
Sixapart was interested but I didn't see it being used in livejournal or 
alike.

Thank you,

Zhiwu Xie

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:50:43 +1000

My impression is that paging (i.e., prev and next) are somewhat common, but that archiving (prevarchive, nextarchive) are not as widely used; most of the places I have seen or heard about it being used are behind firewalls.

Cheers,

On 12/09/2010, at 2:52 AM, Zhiwu Xie wrote:

> 
> Hi list,
> 
> Wonder if you know any feed paging/archiving implementation and deployment out there? Mark Nottingham mentioned a while ago that Sixapart was interested but I didn't see it being used in livejournal or alike.
> 
> Thank you,
> 
> Zhiwu Xie
> 

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Martin Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:37:27 -0700

> Sixapart was interested but I didn't see it being used in livejournal or

TypePad uses the "next" and "previous" link relations described in 
section 3 as part of a broader implementation of some of the conventions 
specified for Google's GData protocol. This is used in TypePad's AtomPub 
implementation, but not in the normal feeds since they don't support 
pagination.

Vox shares the same implementation, but of course Vox will cease to 
exist next week so that's not really worth considering as an example.

LiveJournal has not been a Six Apart product for quite some time. 
However, LiveJournal's AtomPub implementation does *not* support paging, 
since it predates even the finalization of Atom let alone the creation 
of the Paging and Archiving extension.