Subject: [AVT] A new RTSP client application: "openRTSP"

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:30:49 -0700

FYI, I have recently developed a RTSP client application - called 
"openRTSP" - that lets you open, stream, receive, and (optionally) record 
media sessions that are specified by a "rtsp://" URL.

The program work by first issuing a RTSP "DESCRIBE" command to retrieve the 
session's SDP description, and then, for each audio/video subsession whose 
RTP payload format it understands, "SETUP" and "PLAY" the 
subsession.  Incoming stream data can be recorded into files, written to 
'stdout', or recorded as tracks in a QuickTime movie file.

This software is Open Source (LGPL), and is documented at
	<http://www.live.com/openRTSP/>

     Ross.

ps. Many thanks to HorizonLive, Plustream, and Multicast Technologies for 
contributing funding towards the development of this software.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt