Subject: [AVT] Call for Papers : Special Issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications

From: 中川章 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:28:03 +0900

Dear AVT Experts,

Please feel free to circulate this CFP.
Thank you in advance.

Akira Nakagawa/Fujitsu Labs.

====================================================== 
Call for Papers
====================================================== 
Special Issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications

  The IEICE (Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication
Engineering) Transactions on Communications announces a forthcoming special
issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications to be published in October 2002.

  Recently, intensive efforts are now underway to promote practical use of
mobile multimedia communications technologies; Progress has been achieved in
the international standardization activities such as IMT-2000, IrDA, MPEG-4,
etc. Many test bed experiments have been carried out as mobile communications
systems such as wireless ATM, wireless Internet, etc. Also, various research
and developments are widely in progress in the field of application and
terminal technologies such as mobile contents, data broadcasting, PDA
terminals, information appliance, etc., and of networking technologies such as
mobile IP, quality of service, mobile agent, etc.

  The purpose of this special issue is to present the recent advance of mobile
multimedia communications technologies including mobile applications,
terminals, network, broadcasting, etc., and to promote future progress of
research, development, and new applications of mobile multimedia
communications. 

1.Scope
Suggested topics include but are not limited to the following:

*Mobile multimedia applications and terminals
Mobile computing, mobile contents, architecture for multimedia mobile
terminals, mobile IP, personal multimedia applications, audiovisual
compressions for mobile applications, security

*Mobile multimedia systems and implementations
System architecture for mobile multimedia (including fast LAN), quality of
service for mobile multimedia communications, agent systems, multimedia
satellite, implementation techniques of advanced wireless systems for mobile
multimedia, data integration for mobile communications, multimedia location
service

*Network for Mobile Multimedia
Broadband/fast wireless network (including wireless ATM), IP adaptive wireless
access method, distributed networking, mobile multimedia advanced wireless
techniques (including IrDA), multimedia data integrated service network for
mobile communications

2.Submission Instructions
  Submitted papers will be reviewed by referees in accordance with the regular
rules of the Transactions Editorial Committee. The standard number of pages is
8for a paper and 2 for a letter. Refer to "Information for Authors" at the
following web site for more details;
http://www.ieice.or.jp/eng/shiori/mokuji.html. Prospective authors are
requested to send four copies of their manuscripts to the address below.
"Special Issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications" should be placed on top
of the first page.

  Akihisa Kodate	Global Information and Telecommunication Institute
  Waseda University
  29-7Bldg., 1-3-10 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, 169-0051, Japan
  Tel:+81-3-5286-3831  Fax:+81-3-5287-7287
  E-mail: [email-masked]

3.Paper Submission Deadline
Papers must be received by February 8, 2002

4.Special Issue Editorial Committee
Editor-in-Chief	:
Takeshi Hattori (Sophia University)

Associate Editor:
J.H.Lee (Seoul National University)

Secretary:
Akihisa Kodate(Waseda Univ), Akira Nakagawa(Fujitsu Labs.), 
Takehiko Kobayashi(Tokyo Denki Univ)

Guest Editors:
Yoshihiko Akaiwa(Kyushu Univ.), Kenkichi Hirade(JRC), Norihiko Morinaga 
(Osaka Univ.), Hiroshi Yasuda(Univ. of Tokyo), Shozo Komaki(Osaka Univ.), 
Hirohisa Jozawa(NTT), Hisashi Miyamori(CRL), Kiyoharu Aizawa(Univ. of Tokyo), 
Keiichi Hibi(Sharp), Minoru Okada(NAIST), Shiro Sakata(NEC), Shoji Shinoda
(Chuo Univ.), Kiyoshi Hamaguchi(CRL), Mitsuji Matsumoto(Waseda Univ.), 
Tadanori Mizuno(Shizuoka Univ), Hiroyuki Morikawa(Univ of Tokyo), 
Masahiro Morikura(NTT), Masami Yabusaki(NTT DoCoMo), Katsunori Yamaoka(NIME), 
Masafumi Saito(NHK), Noriaki Yoshikawa(Cyber Creative Institute), Susumu Yoshida
(Kyoto Univ.), Toshihiko Wakahara (Waseda Univ.), Eiichi Watanabe (Toshiba)

*Please note that if accepted for publication, all authors, including authors
of invited papers, should pay for the page charges covering partial cost of
publication. Authors will receive 100 copies of the reprint.

---
 Akira Nakagawa
 FUJITSU LABORATORIES LTD.
 e-mail:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt