Subject: [AVT] new draft

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:49:51 +0100

Hello,

I've submitted a new draft rfc titled, "The Classifier Extension Header 
for RTP" <draft-carlberg-rtp-classifier-extension-00.txt>.

The objective of the extension is to be able to add an additional
measure of classification or coloring to RTP packets/payloads.

abstract:

   This document describes a new RTP header extension. The purpose of
   the extension is to provide additional information that further
   distinguishes the RTP datagram (and its payload) from other datagrams
   containing the same type of payload.  Specifically, a classifier
   field is defined in the extension header that contains a value such as
   "emergency".  RTP compliant implementations that do not recognize the
   classifier extension header must continue to process the packet and
   take no adverse action.  Criteria for inserting the values in the
   classifier header, and any QoS treatment of the packet based on those
   values, is outside the scope of this specification.

my desire is to add the draft as an official working group item.  comments 
are deeply appreciated.

-ken

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt