Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-li-avt-vocoder-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:54:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for EVRC, SMV and Other 
                          Frame-Based Vocoders
	Author(s)	: A. Li
	Filename	: draft-li-avt-vocoder-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 12-Nov-01
	
This document describes the RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable
Rate Codec (EVRC) Speech and Selectable Mode Vocoder (SMV) Speech.
Other vocoders which share common characteristics with EVRC and SMV
can be easily supported by following the procedures specified in this
document.
The packet format supports various formats for different application
scenarios. A bundled/interleaved format is included to reduce the
effect of packet loss on Speech quality. A non-bundled format is also
supported for conversational applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-avt-vocoder-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-li-avt-vocoder-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-li-avt-vocoder-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.