Subject: FW: [AVT] Security- or lack thereof

From: "Allison, Art" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:05:47 -0500

Is anyone else getting spammed apparently based on snooping the list? At
least this guy asked...but others are just sending. 
I was not aware that the email addresses were being put on a web page, <see
below> I certainly did not give such permission.
Is this the IETF operating policy in this matter?
Thanks 

Art 
::{) 
-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Black [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 5:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] New Engineering Utility

I noticed your email address on a list serve related to engineering and
technology. With your permission, we would like to send you information
regarding new real-time collaboration and utilities based on your interests.
Please click the following link and opt-in to our product updates and
e-newsletter, click here. <http://216.133.228.90/w4/> 

Cordially,

Victor Black

If you would like to be removed from our database, please click
<http://216.133.228.90/w4/remove.cgi> here.

_______________________________________________ Audio/Video Transport
Working Group [email-masked] http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:42:11 -0500

Art,

The AVT list is configured so that only the list administrators have access
to the subscriber list (I believe this is the default for lists hosted at
ietf.org). It seems that the message you quote below went to the list
itself, rather than from picking your address from a web page.

Colin

>Working Group [email-masked] http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt