Subject: [AVT] Reg draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt

From: Sharma Kanchinadham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:16:47 -0600

Hi,

I have some comments/observations on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt. Please
provide your inputs/opinion.

The link to the draft is:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt

1. The parameter "annexb" is not always applicable. For example in G.711 the
Silence Suppression is Appendix II. Hence there needs to be more values such
as "appendix_II" and "cisco_vad".

2. The second item is currently if the "annexb" parameter is ommitted then
it is assumed that Silence Suppression is supported (basically it is treated
as if it is "yes"). This would create backward compatibility problems when
interworking with platforms that do not want to do the development. Is it
possible to reverse this ?

Thanks ,
Sharma Kanchinadham
Worldcom

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt