Subject: [AVT] Small Clarification required

From: "Vinay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:24:16 +0530

Hi
  I am vinay, I need some clarification can anyone clarify this. I am
confused
  about which is the correct document for RTP payload for MPEG-4 AAC to
  implement.

  As per 3GPP TS 26.234 for implementing MPEG-4 AAC the document
  refered is RFC 3016.

  But there exists a Internet draft for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AAC
ie.,<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg2aac-02.txt>

  Can you clarify me which is the correct one.

Regards
  vinay

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:18:48 +0100

Vinay,

MPEG-4 AAC differs from MPEG-2 AAC and I don't think you can use
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg2aac-02.txt for MPEG-4 AAC. You can use RC3016, but
draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-00.txt provides a simpler solution, while
offering at the same time better efficiency as well as better error
resiliency. That's why ISMA adopted this internet draft, while others are in
the process of considering the same. Please find it at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-00.txt.

Kind regards,

Jan van der Meer

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vinay [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 2001 nov 02 9:54
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] Small Clarification required
>
>
>
> Hi