Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-dsr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:28:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for Distributed Speech Recognition
	Author(s)	: Q. Xie et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-dsr-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 16-Nov-01
	
This document specifies an RTP payload format for encapsulating a
front-end signal processing feature streams for distributed speech
recognition (DSR) systems, with the ETSI Standard ES 201 108 front-end
being the default codec.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-dsr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-dsr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-dsr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:16:37 -0600

Hi, all,

This is the updated version of the DSR RTP draft that was presented at
the last IETF meeting. Incorporating the feedback since the last IETF
meeting, one major change has been made to the payload format, that is
the removal of the 1-byte payload header. This change makes the payload
more compact and clean. It is made possible by:

1) the elimination of the Frame Pair Counter (FPC) from the header, as
suggested at the last meeting. 

2) The original E bit in the payload header is replaced with the
introduction of the NULL FP.

One clear advantage of removing the 1-byte payload header is that this
change makes the payload more secure in that all the bits now are
protected by the FP CRC.

Any comment and feedback are welcome.

-Qiaobing

[email-masked] wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt