Subject: [AVT] CfP: ACM MMSJ on Multimedia Distribution

From: "Laurent Mathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:23:49 GMT

--> We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this. <--

Please feel free to distribute a copy of this call 
to those who might be interested.

Call for Papers

ACM Multimedia Systems Journal

Special Issue on
Multimedia Distribution

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/laurent/cfp_MM_distribution.html

Recent advances in core network and access network technologies, along
with the continuous growth of user population in the Internet, are
setting ideal conditions for high quality multimedia distribution
(audio, video, interactive TV, etc) to the masses in the
Internet. This is stimulating a wealth of research on the development
and the deployment of large-scale multimedia distribution
technologies, both as networking and as server-side solutions.
Furthermore, new multimedia application services are being proposed
that let the users customize their multimedia experience
(e.g. interactive TV), but that also impose new requirements on the
underlying distribution infrastructure.

This special issue of the ACM Multimedia Systems journal will collect
and archive the state of the art in the provision and support of
multimedia distribution for existing and future network
technologies. Papers are solicited in all aspects of multimedia
distribution. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

- streaming technologies
- multimedia content distribution architectures
- scalability issues in multimedia distribution
- deployment and management issues for multimedia distribution
- Quality of Service and performance issues in multimedia distribution
- novel multimedia distribution applications and services
- large-scale multimedia servers
- multimedia caching technologies

Authors are invited to submit, by email, full original papers in
electronic format (PDF or PostScript) to [email-masked].
Authors should follow the ACM Multimedia Systems manuscript format,
(see http://link.springer-ny.com/link/service/journals/00530/index.htm)
(approximately 25-page long, double space, single column, 11 or 12
pt.)

Important dates
===============

Submission deadline:	        March 15, 2002
Notification of acceptance:     July 15, 2002
Provisional Publication:        fall/winter 2002

Guest Editors:

David Hutchison
[email-masked]

Laurent Mathy (corresponding editor)
[email-masked]

Lawrence A. Rowe
[email-masked]

Giorgio Ventre
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt