Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-barany-avt-efr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 07:10:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP payload format for EFR speech codec
	Author(s)	: P. Barany, W. Navarro
	Filename	: draft-barany-avt-efr-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 08-Nov-01
	
This document specifies a Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload 
format for the Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) Enhanced 
Full Rate (EFR) speech codec. The EFR speech codec RTP payload format 
specified in this document closely resembles the EFR speech codec RTP 
payload format defined in TS 101 318 'Using GSM Speech Codecs Within 
ITU-T Recommendation H.323'. It is designed specifically to optimally 
interoperate with existing (i.e., legacy) GSM circuit-switched 
transceiver equipment in the sense that it supports the following 
EFR speech codec circuit-switched domain functionality in the packet- 
switched domain: error concealment of lost speech frames and SIlence 
Descriptor (SID) frames. The EFR speech codec RTP payload format 
defined in TS 101 318 does not support this functionality. A MIME 
type registration for the EFR speech codec is also included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barany-avt-efr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barany-avt-efr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barany-avt-efr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.