Subject: [AVT] real-time applications on the internet

From: "vairavan srinivasan" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 May 2003 15:38:50 -0000

hai,
   i have an idea about the real-time applications on internet 
like audio and video,i would like to know whether such an 
implementation is possible and if not why?...

  This a query regarding internet services,as we know real time
  applications like audio and video are getting more demand in 
the
  wold wide web. we also know internet suffers for these
  applications,suffers in the sense gives poor quality of 
service
  like high jitter , high delay...so i have an idea , i just want 
to
  know whether is it possible  to implement it...the idea is as
  follows...

       when the client sends in a request,say or video ,the 
server
  when it gets the request it is about to send the response 
along
  with the MIME type,this means that the server can know what 
type
  of file is being requested by the client.Now my question is 
why
  can't the server say to the client that i can offer a better
  service for the requested file if i can have a connection 
setup
  permanently with you(connection oriented service) the client 
would
  accept this after all the client wants a high user 
productivity.so
  that server terminates the already existing TCP connection 
with
  the client through which it got the request and has a 
permanent
  connection with the client , in turn enough bandwidth and 
router
  space is reserved in the line and hence the client gets a 
better
  service just like telephone system.I just want to know whether 
is
  it possible to have this implemented.Kindly do reply.

    Thanking You,
      S.Vairavan

___________________________________________________
Get www. mycompany .com and 5 matching email ids.
Just Rs. 1499/ year.
Click here http://www.rediffmailpro.com

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt