Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:40:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended RTP Profile for RTCP-based Feedback(RTP/AVPF)
	Author(s)	: J. Ott, S. Wenger, N. Sato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-06.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 2003-5-5
	
Real-time media streams that use RTP are, to some degree, resilient 
against packet losses.  Receivers may use the base mechanisms of 
RTCP to report packet reception statistics and thus allow a sender 
to adapt its transmission behavior in the mid-term as sole means 
for feedback and feedback-based error repair (besides a few codec-
specific mechanisms).  This document defines an extension to the 
Audio-visual Profile (AVP) that enables receivers to provide, 
statistically, more immediate feedback to the senders and thus 
allow for short-term adaptation and efficient feedback-based repair 
mechanisms to be implemented.  This early feedback profile (AVPF) 
maintains the AVP bandwidth constraints for RTCP and preserves 
scalability to large groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.