Subject: [AVT] RTP MIDI normative I-D released ...

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 18:41:57 -0700

Hi everyone,

	I submitted an update to the normative RTP MIDI I-D today, you
can pick it up from my website as:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-rtp-midi.txt

	Note the old name (MWPP) has been discarded -- the new title
of the I-D is "RTP Payload Format for MIDI", and the new MIME subtype
and mpeg4-generic mode name is rtp-midi.

	I consider this release to be "almost Last Call".  My "open
issues" list has no items left on it, I believe the memo passes the
ID-nits checks, and the document contains proposed solutions to the
outstanding open issues contributed by MMA and IETF folks in the past
few months.  See the Change Log, now at the end of the memo.

	My plan going forward is:

[1] Rewrite the TCP Framing I-D to reflect the San Francisco concerns,
and resubmit as a -01.txt individual submission.

[2] Rewrite the "RTP MIDI Implementation Guidelines" to reflect the
new normative RTP MIDI I-D.

[3] Formulate suggestions for draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-03.txt with
respect to the RTCP "extended highest sequence number received" field,
and either post them to the list or write a short I-D, depending on
length.

	By then, the Vienna deadline will be approaching, and ideally,
I'll have feedback from readers on the new normative document.  If
there are no show-stoppers, I'll probably do a light edit and resubmit
a true "Last Call" in time for the Vienna deadline.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt