Subject: Re: [AVT] Meeting in Vienna

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:25:55 -0700

Hi Steve (and list),

> Please send a message to us now if you would like an agenda slot.
> We'd also like to hear from those who are planning to attend and those
> who are planning not to attend. 

I won't be there in person, with a month to go here's where I guess
all of the documents I'm associated with will be by the deadline:

-- rtp-midi normative: the big refresh went out a few weeks ago, I'm
in the process of collecting feedback (so far, nothing worrying has
come in ...), and may do another refresh in time for the deadline.

-- TCP framing: the big refresh went out a few weeks ago, with a 
request for WG status.  So, it might need a few minutes of meeting
time to get a consensus on the request.  I believe the document is
substantially ready for Last Call, but since it depends on an mmusic
I-D that isn't yet in Last Call, it may make sense to wait and be
synchronized.

-- rtp-midi informative: I'm in the final stages of rewriting this,
taking Colin's suggestions, its a radically cut-down document, that
is limited to answering a few rtp-midi specific implementation issues
(how to send/receiver recovery journals, and how to packetize a MIDI
source stream into a packet stream).  I'll probably request WG item
status for this as well in its slimmed-down form, so that request
may need a few minutes of meeting time to get a consensus on the request.

-- Some sort of input into <draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-03.txt> with
respect to the RTCP "extended highest sequence number received" field.
This may just be an email to the list, or may end up being a short
I-D if its too unweildy for an email message.

I was also hoping to get to an I-D that would put some ideas for
re-chartering topics related to synchronization and pro-audio, but
realistically, I'd say about a 25% chance that would happen in time
for Vienna.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt