Subject: [AVT] Posting to the list - Information

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:21:54 +0200

Hi everyone,

A little reminder about postings to the AVT mailing list. As this list 
operates under the policy "members only posting" any mails that does not 
originate from a subscriber address is blocked and hold for manual 
approval.

The manual approval is done by us chairs. This results in that such 
mails will be hold up for a while. As we are not being perfect it may 
also result in errors, mails being discarded that should not have been. 
So far I don't think I have made any mistake but it can happen, 
especially when you have to discard 250 virus mails per day.

To avoid the possibility of such problems: Please ensure that you are 
posting from an email address that are subscribed to the AVT list. If 
you have a setup that results in that you must post from one mail 
address and receive on another, please subscribe both addresses. In the 
mailman interface accessible for your address from:
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
you can turn of delivery for your posting address.

Another thing that can be worth knowing is that the list has a 25 kb 
limit. Any larger mails will be hold for approval. Please avoid posting 
unnecessary large mails to the list. Any document that you want to share 
with the list is best done with a link. Also removing irrelevant text in 
replies in discussion threads are appreciated.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund
as AVT Chair

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt