Subject: Re: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-singer-avt-3gpp-mime-00.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:46:46 +0100

Dave,

On Monday, Aug 25, 2003, at 16:40 Europe/London, Dave Singer wrote:
> Your review of the I-D below would be greatly appreciated, as it is 
> important that the associated MIME types be registered soon. Comments 
> by the end of August, please, if possible.  Neither the co-authors nor 
> the AVT chairs think this is very controversial.

I have a number of editorial issues, which will need to be resolved 
before this can advance. Mostly these are addressing the issues listed 
in http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html

  - The definition of RFC 2119 terms should move from the "Status of 
This Memo"
    section into the body of the document (either as a numbered section, 
or as
    part of the Introduction).

  - References are not allowed in the Abstract, you should move them 
into the
    Introduction.

  - The References section should be split into Normative and 
Informative. The
    reference to RFC 2119 is missing.

  - The two MIME types should be registered separately (i.e. two copies 
of the
    MIME registration form, one for audio and one for video). If there 
are any
    restrictions on the type of content served in each, they should be 
listed
    under that type (the section registering audio/3gpp would specify 
MUST NOT
    include video content, for example)

  - In the encoding considerations part of the MIME registration, it 
might be
    appropriate to note that other formats are used for real-time 
transfer,
    perhaps referencing the appropriate RTP payload formats?

  - The appropriate IPR and copyright notices need to be added (see RFC 
2026,
    Section 10).

  - The list of authors with addresses doesn't match the list at the 
start of
    the draft.

These are mostly very minor issues, I don't think this should be 
controversial.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:40:11 -0700

Your review of the I-D below would be greatly appreciated, as it is 
important that the associated MIME types be registered soon. 
Comments by the end of August, please, if possible.  Neither the 
co-authors nor the AVT chairs think this is very controversial.

Thank you!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
* * * * * * * * * * * *

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title : MIME Type Registrations for 3GPP Multimedia files 
Author(s) : D. Singer
	Filename : draft-singer-avt-3gpp-mime-00.txt Pages : 5
	Date : 2003-8-19

This document serves to register and document the standard MIME types 
associated with the 3GPP multimedia file format [1], which is part of 
the family of known as the ISO file formats.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-avt-3gpp-mime-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-singer-avt-3gpp-mime-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in 
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

	Send a message to: [email-masked].
	In the body type:
		"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-singer-avt-3gpp-mime-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this feature, 
insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE" command. To 
decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or a MIME-compliant 
mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers exhibit different 
behavior, especially when dealing with "multipart" MIME messages 
(i.e. documents which have been split up into multiple messages), so 
check your local documentation on how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the 
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-avt-3gpp-mime-00.txt>
-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime