Subject: [AVT] RTP timestamp and RTP-Info

From: Lorenzo Polidori <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:13:07 +0200 (added by [email-masked])

Hi all,

I have two questions about MPEG2 over RTP.
My PTSs are not monotonically increasing, as my payload is an MPEG2 video
stream. So, as the frame-rate is 25 fps, I start with a PTS=7200 (the
initial ramdom PTS is set to zero):

picture_type
I---------B---------B------------P--------------B-------------B--...
MPEG picture_time_reference
2---------0---------1------------5--------------3-------------4--....      
PTS
7200-------0--------3600--------18000----------10800---------14400.....
RTP sequence_number
0---------1---------2------------3--------------4-------------5--...

This is the first GOP of my MPEG2 stream. Is it correct to send the 'I'
picture as the first picture of the transmission?
and in the packets belonging to the first 'I' picture, the N bit of RTP/MPEG
video-specific header (RFC 2250, section 3.4) must be set to 1? If no, in
what case this bit must be set to 1?
Is it correct to set the RTSP RTP-Info in the following way: 
RTP-Info: url=rtsp://192.168.0.19/video.rm;seq=0;rtptime=0

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Lorenzo

/*******************************************************************\
*    Lorenzo POLIDORI
*    company:    BLT Italia srl        web:  http://www.blt.it
*    address:    via Rosselli, 91     city:  Lido di CAMAIORE
*    country:    ITALY                 zip:  55043-i
*    Tel. +39 0584 904788  Fax +39 0584 904789  e-mail: [email-masked]
\*******************************************************************/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt