Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-03.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:13:31 +0200

Hi,

Better late then never. Here are some comments on the draft:

1. Missing short copyright notice on page 1.

2. Section 3.1, second paragraph: I would suggest that one adds a 
sentence at the end: "The used frequency should be equal to any audio 
codec it co-exist with in the RTP session to avoid rate switching."

3. Section 3.1, fourth paragraph: The end of that paragraph has a 
clipped sentence.

4. Section 3.11, first sentence: There is a reference to table 3.11, 
which does not exist, is it table 4?

5. Section 4.1, Third bullet, "These fractional frequencies appear to be 
derived from older AC power grid frequencies.)" I think you should 
replace "older" with "certain". The use of 50 hz AC is rather common, 
for example Sweden, Norway and Finland all uses 50 hz.

6. Section 4.3: What about the marker bit. Even if it isn't use, I think 
one can note that.

7. Figure 4: The figure has floated away. It would be better if the 
figure actually are within the section that it is reference from and 
explained.

8. section 6. I think one can add the now days common section on how to 
map MIME to SDP.

9. The copyright and IPR statement are missing at the end of the draft. 
These section I expect to find in a WG document.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt