Subject: [AVTCORE] Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload for TTML Timed Text' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ttml-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 23:11:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Payload for TTML Timed Text'
  (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ttml-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ttml/

Technical Summary

TTML (Timed Text Markup Language is a media type for  describing timed
text such as closed captions (also known as  subtitles) in television
workflows or broadcasts as XML.  This document specifies how TTML should
be mapped into an RTP stream in live workflows including, but not
restricted to, those described in the television broadcast oriented
EBU-TT Part 3 specification.  This document does not define a media type
for TTML but makes use of the existing application/ttml+xml media type.

Working Group Summary

The content of the document was discussed with the W3C Timed Text Working
Group (TTWG), and on the mailing list. The open issues were addressed and
there are no open issues, there was consensus on the content of the
document.

Document Quality

This draft was discussed by the W3C Timed Text Working Group (TTWG) on
2019-02-07 and the document was updated based on their comments.

Personnel

Roni Even is the Document Shepherd.
The responsible AD is Barry Leiba.