Subject: [cicm] -02 draft of CICM posted

From: "Novikov, Lev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:58:29 -0500

The -02 draft of the Common Interface to Cryptographic Modules (CICM) has been posted.
Comments are solicited to <[email-masked]>.

Some new issues have been discovered as a result of this recent work and will be raised on the mailing list soon.

This revision restructures CICM into five documents as discussed back in July:

1. [CICM-LM] An informative background document that provides an introduction to the space, 
   the terminology, and logical model. <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lanz-cicm-lm>

2. [CICM] A normative base document that defines the basic types and the Conformance & Extension model.
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lanz-cicm>

3. [CICM-MM] A normative document that defines Module Management capabilities.
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lanz-cicm-mm>

4. [CICM-KM] A normative document that defines Key Management capabilities.
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lanz-cicm-km>

5. [CICM-CM] A normative document that defines Channel Management capabilities.
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lanz-cicm-cm>

As discussed previously, the document labeled [CICM] is the normative document upon which all other documents (except CICM-LM) are based.

Other Changes:
 - figures added to illustrate basic concepts
 - sample ICS added

Pending Changes:
 - adding ABNF syntax for generating identifiers (in progress)

Lev