Subject: [clue] Raw notes, recordings and some conclusions from CLUE WG Interim meeting

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:05:54 -0500

Hi all,

While the chairs are busy (well, Paul really) pulling together the official
minutes, I have uploaded the raw notes to the wiki and included the links to
the recordings:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/wiki/WikiStart

We stuck fairly close to the agenda that is on the wiki, except for the last
couple hours on Tuesday.  We ended up discussing the way forward for issues
(that Allyn identified in her presentation + others identified by the group)
before the RTCWEB discussion which was very short. We ended up with time to
discuss one of the top 5 issues on Tuesday (item 1 - Point of View/Areas of
Capture).  The top 5 issues (based on feedback from those at the meeting)
are summarized here:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/9-Framework-Major-Issues-to-discuss-top.ppt

We were able to discussing the other four issues on Wednesday as identified
in the agenda.

The summary of all the key issues identified at the meeting (as discussed at
the end of the meeting on Wednesay) along with the individual that was
assigned the action item for the issue is available here:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/Final-Framework%20Major%20Issues.ppt

As far as the actual framework document, there was strong consensus amongst
the attendees (and one individual that survived the meeting via webex) to
accept draft-romanow-clue-framework as the basis for the WG deliverable.
 Mark Duckworth will be the assigned editor for the document. He will be
submitting the WG -00 by the deadline.  This update will include some of the
basic changes agreed - primarily editorial.  Any conclusions from other
issues over the next two weeks may be reflected in a -01 before the meeting.
Otherwise, the remaining open issues will the focus for discussion at
IETF-82.

Anyone that was not at the meeting that has any concerns with using
draft-romanow-clue-framework as the starting point for the WG deliverable,
please respond on the mailing list detailing your concerns.

Thanks,
Mary and Paul

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:03:30 -0400

Dear Mary;

>  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/Final-Framework%20Major%20Issues.ppt

I don't think that these wiki's like PPT files - I am getting

HTML preview not available, since no preview renderer could handle it.
Try downloading the file instead.

You might want to put PDFs there instead.

Marshall

> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>
>

---

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:29:16 -0700

Marshall,

I get the same thing.  But then I can immediately click on the download link it gives me, and I can download the PPT file and view it with the powerpoint application or viewer on my PC.

Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Marshall Eubanks
> Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 3:04 PM
> To: Mary Barnes
> Cc: CLUE
...snip...

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:05:51 -0500

The wiki doesn't like .pdf any better than .ppt.  The only files it seems to
like are .txt, which makes sense actually. So, as Mark suggests you can
download the files.

 I have also started uploading the files to the Interim meeting materials
webpage
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2011/10/11/clue/proceedings.html
Depending on your browser setup, you might be able to open without
downloading.

Thanks,
Mary.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:25:19 +1100

Hello Mary,

I'd agree that we should accept the framework document as a WG deliverable.

Regards, Christian

On 18/10/2011 4:05 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While the chairs are busy (well, Paul really) pulling together the 
> official minutes, I have uploaded the raw notes to the wiki and 
> included the links to the recordings:
> We stuck fairly close to the agenda that is on the wiki, except for 
> the last couple hours on Tuesday.  We ended up discussing the way 
> forward for issues (that Allyn identified in her presentation + others 
> identified by the group) before the RTCWEB discussion which was very 
> short. We ended up with time to discuss one of the top 5 issues on 
> Tuesday (item 1 - Point of View/Areas of Capture).  The top 5 issues 
> (based on feedback from those at the meeting) are summarized here:
> We were able to discussing the other four issues on Wednesday as 
> identified in the agenda.
>
> The summary of all the key issues identified at the meeting (as 
> discussed at the end of the meeting on Wednesay) along with the 
> individual that was assigned the action item for the issue is 
> available here: 
> As far as the actual framework document, there was strong consensus 
> amongst the attendees (and one individual that survived the meeting 
> via webex) to accept draft-romanow-clue-framework as the basis for the 
> WG deliverable.  Mark Duckworth will be the assigned editor for the 
> document. He will be submitting the WG -00 by the deadline.  This 
> update will include some of the basic changes agreed - primarily 
> editorial.  Any conclusions from other issues over the next two weeks 
> may be reflected in a -01 before the meeting. Otherwise, the remaining 
> open issues will the focus for discussion at IETF-82.
>
> draft-romanow-clue-framework as the starting point for the WG 
> deliverable, please respond on the mailing list detailing your concerns.
>
> Thanks,
> Mary and Paul
>
>