Subject: [clue] framework draft - comments on section 5

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 17:37:43 +0200

Hi,

These are my comments on section 5, some are purely editorial and have some
relation to the comments on the definitions.

1.       In section 5.1 " The model uses the terms "video capture" (VC) and
"audio capture" (AC) to refer to sources of media streams". What about
presentation is it a VC? Need to clarify. This is also true for section 5.2
that disucss VC spatial relation.

2.       Section 5.2 defines attributes, I am wondering if the attribute
should be part of the framework or part of a protocol document. In any case
there need to be a way to specify which attributes are supported. My
assumption that an implementation MUST support all attributes specified in a
document and declare it. This means that there will be a name for each
document with extensions. (This is similar to csup in RFC5939 section 3.3.1)

3.       There is an editor note about duplication of SDP parameters yet
"purpose" for example duplicate the "content" attribute.

4.       Audio mix is defined as true/false - what about parameter like mix
level (how many speakers are mixed) - why make this parameter a Boolean?

5.       There is a separate thread on area, point and scale so I am not
discussing these attribute in this thread.

6.       Video composed (true/false), why Boolean, what does the mix
include? The definition is section 5.2.7 says what this is not, it is not
saying what the video composed is, and how to use it. I am not talking about
layout but also for example in a three camera system which cameras are
mixed.

7.       The general comment is that the document defines the attribute to
be Booleans, enumerated (for purpose attribute), This should be part of the
protocol decision, for example if we want to us text.

8.       Auto switch is Boolean but according to 5.2.8 there may be
different option to do the auto switch, not only loudest speaker. I think
that it should allow also to define the auto switch mode used, maybe
allowing a provider to offer more than one switching option.

9.       In section 5.2, how should an MCU convey that you can see room1
(video and audio) or room2 (video and audio) is this two scenes or two sets
or two captures?

Regards

Roni

  _____