Subject: [COSE] Call for Consensus: Begin Recharter of COSE WG

From: "Matthew A. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 11:14:03 -0600

Hello All,

This message is to confirm the in-meeting consensus to recharter the
COSE Working Group.  Given the strong consensus in the meeting, we are
most concerned with objections to rechartering.

With all of the chartered work effectively complete, the question is
raised about what to do next.  In the virtual meeting today
(2020-04-02), there was much support to keep the COSE Working Group open
and recharter.

Jim Schaad has drafted an initial revised [CHARTER].  The executive
summary of that discussion:

The working group will recharter to accept a limited set of work:

* Algorithm definitions with IETF-level consensus and the WG's approval
* A specific (to-be-determined) set of non-algorithm items (currently
"compressed certificate encoding")

If you have objections to rechartering, or have additional items for the
Working Group to consider in its recharter, Please respond with the
objections or suggestions the < [email-masked] > mailing list by April 17.

Thank you,

- COSE WG Chairs
Ivaylo and Matthew

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 17:52:45 -0400

> objections or suggestions the < [email-masked] > mailing list by April 17.

I support re-charter, but the  specific (to-be-determined) set of non-algorithm items need to be agreed.  I also agree that certificate compression belongs on the list.

Russ

---

From: "Matthew A. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:56:18 -0600

Hello All,

There's a couple days left on comments regarding rechartering.  So far
we have:
* no objections to rechartering
* no additional proposed work on non-algorithms (beyond cert compression)

If you have objections to rechartering, or have additional non-algorithm
work items that should be considered, please send in your comments by
this Friday, 04-17.

Thank you,

- COSE WG Chairs
Ivaylo and Matthew